sorry i typed to fast and forgot to put in the phosphates
nitrats 0
nitrits 0
ph 7.4-7.8
phosphats 0.2
amonia 0.25
help me

oceanjumper

How about adding Marine buffers and Reef builders? Not at the same time though...
What are your KH and Calcium levels?

cowfish

sorry i dont have any calcium testers but i just did a 6 gallon water change i made some kalk im going to wiat and test my water agian a couple of hours after the kalk drips in to see if the water change and the kalk help any

treyc.

A start, the Kalk may raise the PH slightly but temporarly if you have been doing this regularly I dont see that being the root problem.......;)

the problem is most likely in the top off water you use. fresh water has a low ph level. not good for a reef tank! i suggest you use kent's superbuffer dkh in your top off water. i always add just a little bit every time i top off, and haven't had a problem yet.

the ammonia should go away by it's self as the tank matures unless you have a very large bio-load. in that case, use kordon's ammonia remover in the top off water also. it removes ammonia, clorine, and clorimines. i've been using it for years and it works fine. as for the phosphates, thats probly because of the water you use. get yourself some phosphate remover and put it in the filter and you should be fine in a couple weeks.

attml

Add Kent Marint Tech CB part A & B. It will buffer Calcium, Alk & stabilize your PH.
To fix your immediate problem do a partial water change and reduce your feedings to once a day only enough to be eaten in 5 minutes. Your readings aren't great but your fish will most likely survive short term until you can correct your conditiions. Also, change any carbon based filters that you have. If you have an increased bio-load, overcrowding, or you are feeding too much that could be the cause? Good Luck!

cowfish

ii have four small fish in a 55 and i only feed them every other day but i thikn i found the prob i found my pepermint shrimp in the tank dead i dont know how long hes been there thou but im thinking that is what spike my amonia a little