help

nate_j

would it be better to put an anemone or a clownfish in a tank first what do you guys suggest..thanks

dburr

If you are new to the hobby IMO the fish first and pick up a good book on anenomies. You need strong lighting and good water quality for the anenome.
HTH

birdy

clownfish only. Personally I am not a fan of keeping anemones at all, they require extremely good water quality and superior lighting. Be sure you research them very well before you purchase them. Clownfish do very well without an anemone host.

twicklund

I agree. After the tank has been up for a while do some research and find out if the type of clown you have might like corals...I have seen some clownfish that will take a coral as host. Corals are tough to keep too, but anenomies move around and could disrupt other tankmates...
Just my $.02...
Good luck with your tank!
tw

nate_j

oh good lighting well i have metal haloids i think there good right?....and i have coralife actinic bulbs..

mr_bubbles

Your light its good. anemones do well in larger tanks typicaly because they are more stable. A clownfish would be a better start. Hold out and add a anemone later on once everything is going well.