Help!!!

bigreddog

I have a 18 gal 2 month old tank with some GSP, Polyps, anenomes, featherduster, 25lbs LR, 20 lbs LS, pepper/fire shrimps, and clowns... yesterday i added some calcium supplements (calcium plus.. reef plus)... and everything seemed okay... then at night i noticed my clowns started to get ick??? so i added Chem-Marin STOP PARASITE late last nite... this morning the PH dropped from its normal 8.2 to 7.8!!! the water was/is really cloudy... And my clowns were breathing HARD and were pale! so i took out my clowns and put them in another tank (which brought color back them instantly) and then added som PH UP to increase the PH. I finally got it up to 8.1 right now (after adding A LOT of PH UP) and will continue to dose to get the PH up but wondered WHAT HAPPENED??? was it the calcium supps or the parasite treatment?? anyone have any idea or any suggestions... also... the water is cloudy now... even after i did a 20% water change.... i'm worried my GSP's and Polyps... HELP!

bigreddog

Originally posted by luvnluk
Did you cycle your tank? I think you may have started too much, too soon.

i actually used water from a tank that was already cycled... and i've tested the water on a weekly basis and everything is exactly where it is suppose to be... its just overnight the PH dropped dramatically... everything else is ok..