Helpful spreadsheet...

*beaver*

I don't currently test for those. Can you elaborate on those tests (i.e. what they should be) and I will add them.
Thanks,
Beaver

zman1

Originally Posted by *Beaver*
I added a new version to www.rayandkim.com -> downloads
It now has a cost section and a fish compatability chart. I also had "max ammonia" labeled on the "test data" sheet when it should read "max nitrate"
The formula on the "test data" sheet changed - see below.
Otherewise, you can just download the new version an copy the 2 new sheets to your current workbook.
Harris28,
That was a problem I fixed in the new verison. The formula was not taking into account if the temp, nitrate, max, & min were equal to the number provided. Download the new version or change your formula to:
=IF(ISBLANK(E6),"Not Tested",IF(AND(C6=0,D6=0,E6<=F2,F6>=B2,F6<=B3,H6>=H3,H6<=H2),"YES","NO"))
I recommend downloading the new version because it also has the check for SG that the old one does not.
Sorry about that
Beaver
Beaver nice. There is a formula error. Since you are referencing rows 2 and 3 on row 6 (First data input row). The copy/paste that was done shifts the row 2 and 3 references down one row for each line subsequently. I downloaded V2 from the website and changed the max temp to 82 for myself.
WATER TESTING
Min pH8.0Min SG1.019Max Nitrate20.0Min Temp71.0
Max pH8.3Max SG1.027Max Temp82.0
DateTimeAmmoniaNitriteNitratepHSpecific GravityTemparatureCommentsFish Ready
1/1/190012:00 AM0.000.002.008.001.02581.000YES
2/2/190012:00 AM0.000.002.008.001.02581.000NO
Row 6 ==IF(ISBLANK(E6),"Not Tested",IF(AND(C6=0,D6=0,E6<=F2,F6>=B2,F6<=B3,H6>=H2,H6<=H3,G6>=D2,G6<=D3),"YES","NO"))
Row 7 = =IF(ISBLANK(E7),"Not Tested",IF(AND(C7=0,D7=0,E7<=F3,F7>=B3,F7<=B4,H7>=H3,H7<=H4,G7>=D3,G7<=D4),"YES","NO"))

mrdc

What do the colors represent on the compatibility chart? I may have overlooked something.

jester805

Can I have a copy please?

jester805 AT gmail DOT com
......edit......
Nevermind, just got it from your website. Thanks!

mrdc

Originally Posted by jester805
Can I have a copy please?

jester805 AT gmail DOT com

You will need Excel or download OpenOffice (which is free). It should work in the OpenOffice spreadsheet application.
Since there seems to be a lot of interest I will put more thought into the new versions.
Post any inputs so I can get started.
Go to www.rayandkim.com and click downloads on the left
Beaver

*beaver*

Great catch...fixed in version 3.0
Thanks for all the input...keep it coming. This will only make a better tool for us all.
Beaver

*beaver*

I combined several compatability charts to make one whole one.
red - means don't put into same tank
yellow - may have issues
green - okay to use in same tank shouldn't have problems
If there are updates to be made let me know.
These are general guidelines - of course
Beaver

*beaver*

I got it...thanks.
That is much better way than to just change the location. I like the use of the variable.
Beaver

zman1

Good - I removed the link...
Insert/Name/Define...... Paste/Name. Provides an absolute cell reference

celacanthr

Beaver, thats pretty cool! I have thought of doing something like this before, but I am just way too lazy. have you thought about putting this into an access database? I am slowly working on a databse of sorts, that isn't really an app, but more of a list of animals that are more or less commonly found in the aquarium trade, and of types of equipment, general concepts, etc.

symon

I like the basic layout, makes it easy for everyone to understand!
I see you are missing Calcium and alkalinity in your test calcs, also you should be able to adjust if your tank is already established! Your test sheet is looking for an ammonia spikes! Not trying to be a critic!

terrel b

Hi Beaver. I am setting up a new 125 Gallon tank and this sounds like a great idea. I just downloaded the template and will let you know. Thanks for doing this.