Heniochus Butterflyfish

imurnamine

My dad went out and bought one yesterday, and had me come over and acclimate it.
I called this morning, and as of that time, it is alive and doing well.
I'm about to change the foods that I feed my fish.
Suggestions?
False Percula
Neon Goby
Green Chromis x 3
Firefish
Heniochus Butterfly

laredo300c

what size tank.....is it fo or fowlr or reef thanks.....the reason i ask is because i myself am looking into this fish

1journeyman

Try feeding algae sheets and frozen foods targetted to Butterflies.
You might buy your dad Michael's Pocket Guide to Aquarium Fish. That way he could go through and pick out some fish he liked and kind of plan what you all are going to get. Otherwise sooner or later the tank is going to get overstocked.
Also, be sure to go over with him how to look for diseases on fish since you're not using QT. Otherwise sooner or later you're going to end up with a serious headache.

sherms

if i may suggest zooplankton, my fish tend to love that. especially my green chromis and even my butterfly ate it.

fuax

You could also try Spectrum it is an amazing food. (It is a pellet type food but from my own research I found it to be one of the best.) I could not get my blonde naso to eat anything till I tried it and now he won't eat anything but the spectrum w/ some sheets of algea as well. My whole tank turns their collective noses' up to everything else and refuses to eat frozen and will only eat the pellet. The only other food they tear apart is live clams that I split in two for them.

anubisxero

Originally Posted by Fuax
You could also try Spectrum it is an amazing food. (It is a pellet type food but from my own research I found it to be one of the best.) I could not get my blonde naso to eat anything till I tried it and now he won't eat anything but the spectrum w/ some sheets of algea as well. My whole tank turns their collective noses' up to everything else and refuses to eat frozen and will only eat the pellet. The only other food they tear apart is live clams that I split in two for them.
I too, feed my fish Spectrum Pellets. Actually spectrum thera A+ and I have never seen fish happier to eat. The only one I haven't seen eat it is my sleeper goby, she's picky and only takes to mysis and squid.