Here comes Jeanne

lovethesea

and check out Ivan's track. It could actually turn around and come BACK out into the Gulf. He's possesed!!:nope:

rob44

Naw, Ivan is going to disolve in Texas thers is alot of dry air that should tear it apart. Jenne we hope stays off the coast and goes away for good. If it goes the way they say SWF may have to watch out.

N

newreefers

Unfortunately I have a house on the East and the West coast of FL. I've been hit by Charley, Frances and Ivan on the West and by Frances, Ivan, and now in line for Jeanne on the East coast. I am ready to just give up. My poor fish tank can't take too much more of this. I have a generator, but I can't devote it entirely to the tank. Still need the freezer and fridge as well. I just hope Jeanne moves through fast and doesn't hang around for days.
On the bright side, I am now pretty much an expert at putting up hurricane shutters in record time.
Didn't really mean to complain too much, just needed to vent a bit.

judyk

It's a good thing everyone has stayed boarded up and knows the routine. Get in line to fill up the gas cans. Check the oil on the generator. Get a case of beer. Fill the freezer with ice. Fill every bucket around the house with water. Bring in patio furniture. Get another case of beer. Fill the boats with water, put up patio plants, lock up the garbage cans and recycling bins, round up all the animals. Maybe we need another case of beer. Best of luck everyone. Here we go again.

rob44

I am on the east coast of FL, But I have been very lucky and and 4 storms have missed us. :) I hope this is it for them this year. I don't think anyone wants more, except maybe the ones that cashed in on the storms like Home depot Lowes and the Oil companies. Arghhhh
I want to setup my tank soon. Newreefers: Where do you have homes at in Florida?

dakota

My prayers go out to all Floridians. You folks have endured so much in the last couple months.

I have a buddy in FL and I found out today that if your lucky enough to even find a place selling generators, if you buy one and submit the recipt to FEMA they will reimburse you 100% for it. Maybe something to think about.

Originally posted by rob44
It is very hard to find them. So were did you see this at? Is there a link to it?
Thanks

I was told by my buddy who lives outside Daytona. Yup, they are really hard to find. He went and got the last one that the store he went to had. (don't know which store)

judyk

rob44 We're in NW Volusia county. Our generator got us through again. The best piece of equipment my husband ever bought. Our power came back on late yesterday. The house temp was 88 and I was trying to decide wether to try to cool my tanks down when Progress Energy made the decision. I'm glad it was only two days this time. We don't have house or cell phone service yet. For us, it wasn't as bad as Francis.

marlins #1

Hurricane Relief for Haiti
We are currently seeking the following items for Haiti:
*FOOD:
*Rice (preferably in bags)
*Dry Beans (preferably in bags)
*Dry Pasta
*Powdered Milk
*Powder Only - Baby Formula
*Powdered Nutritional Supplements
*Canned Meats: ONLY Tuna, Chicken, Sausages, Ham...
(No Canned Prepared Meals at this time such as: ravioli, soups, etc.)
*MEDICAL:
*First Aid Supplies and Kits:
antiseptic and wound care products i.e.:band-aids, gauze, triple antibiotic ointment, alcohol, peroxide, icepacks(that don't require refrigeration),
hot packs, adhesive, burn creams, and antihistamine creams.
*Basic Nursing Triage Kits:
stethoscope, thermometers(please not battery operated), and blood pressure devices.
*Vitamins:
prenatal, children and adult.
*Over the Counter Medications:
Anti-diarrhea medicine, cough medicine, nasal sprays, antacids, eye drops, and pain relievers i.e. Tylenol, Advil, Motrin (infant, children, and adult).
*Other Durable Medical Equipment:
crutches, splints, arm slings, wheelchairs.
PLEASE CALL US for any questions on items you may and want to donate that are not listed above. (305) 331-7227
or email to :
robertjean@bellsouth.net
We are also accepting financial contributions to purchase food and other basic needs and to help with shipping and transportation costs. Checks can be made out to Amor En Accion., Contributions are tax deductible in accordance with IRS Section 501 (c)(3).
Translation of this non profit organization AMOR EN ACCION is Love In Action, or Action of Love

rob44

I was trying to see if there was a link to the FEMA statment about 100% back on buying a generator.