Here is my tank...so far...

mikeyjer

Originally Posted by roadrunner
Space_Geek i have never seen my lemonpeel snap/snip at my star polyp...so i guess thats a good thing!
Mikeyjer what is a zoo eating nudi's and what do they look like? Is there anyway of knowing whether or not a frag of zoo's that i buy has them on it or not? Is there anything i could do with the frag b4 putting it into my tank?
Nudibranch, do a research on them and you can find a bunch of pictures, I wish I had saved that pic of the zoo eating nudi. Some people suggest Iodine dip or freshwater dip to rid the parasites or any potential disease. I haven't done neither. When I got this Zoo, the guy's tank is out of whack, he haven't been taking care of it, but he had some nice stuffs though. IF you find little furry looking slug thing crawling all over the zoos, that would be a zoo eating nudi. Now days I've been getting my other zoos from well maintained tanks of local reefers. :happyfish

mikeyjer

The zoo's that you've gotten from well maintained tanks...have they been ok?
Yes they've been doing quite well. Forgot to mention, other then just nudis from that guy's tank, I also got Aiptasia! Been trying to rid them ever since. Every once in awhile one would pop up somewhere. They were in with the zoos. I think I rid most of the nudis now. I think anyway.... :happyfish

roadrunner

Well thats good! Thanks for the heads up! I was wondering do you have any pictures of your zoo's...if not thats ok! What colors do you have...is it hard to create a colony?
...o yea i saw zoo's b4 in my local LFS and they were soooooooooooo tiny...are they all that small...because they look so much bigger in pictures?

mikeyjer

Well thats good! Thanks for the heads up! I was wondering do you have any pictures of your zoo's...if not thats ok! What colors do you have...is it hard to create a colony?
...o yea i saw zoo's b4 in my local LFS and they were soooooooooooo tiny...are they all that small...because they look so much bigger in pictures?
Some are small some are big. Depending which kind you get. Button polyps are bigger. I have Orange, Pink Center, Electric Mint Chocholate, and Red People Eater. I'm also getting a Yellow Skirt and Fire n Ice at the frag swap in two weeks also a Bubble Coral. Here's some pictures of them. First one is Orange on the right, second one is another Orange, Third is Pink Center and the last one from left is Red People Eater and Electric Mint Chocholate. I also have another Orange colony that's just starting, a bud fell off the main colony, I think off the one from the top pic. It floated around the tank so I placed it onto a rock on the right side of my tank, it's growing pretty fast, already growing 3 polyps from the existing one, that only took one week. :happyfish

zanoshanox

Sweet man! Those look like some excellent new additions you've got there! I really like the new polyps especially. good to hear that your back into the hobby...