here my new readings if someone can help me out..

coralman05

So my tank has been under construction for few weeks now.. with many problems.. here are my new readings..
Calcium: 38
copper 0
Phosphates .20
Nirite
nirate
ammionia
I've done two 10 gal water changes each week( using i Think is RO water)

yerboy

calcium 38 has to be a type.. 380 maybe?
either way nitrite .5 and ammonia .5 are your problems. This take is going through it's cycle, i hope there are no fish in the system yet as they may die do to the levels of ammonia.
You did 10 gallon water changes on what size tank? how many week exactly?

coralman05

i did a 10 gallon water change yesterday and one week before. In all i've probaly done 35 40 gallons maybe in 3 weeks and its a 55. so i just have to keep going then with the water changes

coralman05

yeah.. and believe it or not it has in proved everything dropped but my nitrate went for 0 to 8?? unless my first reading was wrong. but i wrote everything down

snakeblitz33

Your tank is still cycling. Don't change out any of your filtration media at all. With fish being in your tank,you may want to add some Amquel to the water to "fix" ammonia molecules so that it will be less toxic to the fish. Run some carbon in your system as soon as you can. It will help a bit. You really should consider taking your fish back to the live fish store, just until your tanks water quality reads ammonia 0, nitrite 0, and some nitrate (if any). You're doing good by keeping up with water changes as you go, it will help the fish stay alive - but prolonged exposure to ammonia is probably really stressing them out.

coralman05

yeah i mean it was a lot worse and they were in my tank doing "fine"/ living so i bet there A LOT happyer now; but it will just be inproving in the next couple of weeks.. when can i do a next water change you think? i was thinking 4 days from now do another 10 G's

snakeblitz33

You can do a water change any day any time.
Just make sure that you mix your water for 24 hours, try to match your pH as close as possible, and keep your display tank and your saltwater mix water change water the exact same salinity. Best to use a refractometer to measure salinity rather then a hydrometer. But, a hydrometer is still ok to use.

yerboy

you shouldnt be mixing your saltwater moments before you do a water change, that could cause more harm then good. Try to mix 12 or 24 hours in advance. That allows the salt to fully dissolve and gives you time to get the temp of the water up to that of the tank.