Here we go! (NEW PICS Nov.3/2010)

2quills

Looks like green and purple coralline. But since you just added the rock I would suspect that some or a lot of that green is about to turn into hair algae judging by the green I see down below between the glass and the sand.

btwk12

i know i said it before but i love that rock i wish i would have went with it also!!! and i like the pic of all 5 firefish at the same time it looks like they're puttin on a show or somethin! lol

burrito

NICE JUST BY 2 OR 5 MONTHs you manage to get a nice tank o.o (unlike me that ish so poor lol that i have to buy 2-5 pounds of live rock every time we go to the fish store e.o)

A

abeandlulu

Very nice! DId you get any other corals besides the mushroom?

fishhunter

ya there is a tone of star/clove polyps, there is some SPS corals (no idea what 1 looks like a flower pot but it is clearly not the other is an encrusting yellow one)and the are really looking good! There are also shrooms and palys as well.

fishhunter

I have tried... but my camera is a POS so I cant get anything but fuzzy pics up close

Anyway I'm now saving for a better camera to truly capture the tank.
Oh btw how many big Mexican turbos should I put into my aquarium i was thinking 1 for every 25 gal.

btwk12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishhunter http:///forum/thread/380477/here-we-go-new-pics-nov-3-2010/20#post_3329294
I have tried... but my camera is a POS so I cant get anything but fuzzy pics up close

Anyway I'm now saving for a better camera to truly capture the tank.
Oh btw how many big Mexican turbos should I put into my aquarium i was thinking 1 for every 25 ga
me personally i wouldnt put the big turbo's in there they are like bulldozers. i would do a variety of different smaller snails, as they all eat,and do something different that helps the tank

yannifish

Nice looking tank.
I personally like a variety of snails, I have turbos, nassarius, ceriths, nerite (nice because they hide during the day), astreas (don't like these guys, can't flip themselves over), trochus (can flip themselves over, don't get huge, and eat a lot), and a bunch of hitchhiker snails. I need some more, but i like the variety, because they all prefer different things, and that way everything gets covered.

fishhunter

what's the lol about?
Anyways I talked with the owner of the LFS she is going to get me 50 more astreas , 50 more nesser,20 smaller turbo snails, and 1 scarlet serpent star. I'll take some pics soon.