heres some pics of my 180g

philgmiami

Originally Posted by mystic7
beautiful! And we have the same taste in fish :)
Just out of curiosity, how many lbs of LR do you have? It looks to me like I have a LOT more in my 180 and I don't even have 80 lbs yet. Also, how much turnover do you have? I want to eventually add corals to my tank but everyone tells me I don't have enough circulation yet, and I don't see any PH's in your system.
thanks :).. i have a MAG24 t'd at bottom in wet-dry and up each side of the drilled over flow.. i have 2 elbows at each end to return water back into the tank
they both point slightly toward the front glass,sighting about 5 inches from water line..you should see the circulation.. the first time i added it, i was scared to turn the power all the way up.. i had it half way and it was sream'n.. turned it to full thrust.. it knocked off all the loose stuff of my rocks, tank was real cloudy.. but ya know what?... the next day my TANK WAS CRYSTAL CLEER :)... MY TANK NEVER LOOKED SOO CLEAN
..ITS BEEN ABOUT A 3 WEEKS SINCE IVE HOOKED THE MAG24 AND MY TANK LOOKS GREAT!!!! AND MY READINGS AND MY FISH ARE PERFECT

philgmiami

Originally Posted by mystic7
beautiful! And we have the same taste in fish :)
Just out of curiosity, how many lbs of LR do you have? It looks to me like I have a LOT more in my 180 and I don't even have 80 lbs yet. Also, how much turnover do you have? I want to eventually add corals to my tank but everyone tells me I don't have enough circulation yet, and I don't see any PH's in your system.
ABOUT 80 P OF DEAD ROCK AND 20P OF LR

philgmiami

Originally Posted by Dexter
awesome set up Phil! How long you had it running now?
Dxtr
ITS BEEN UP FOR ABOUT A MONTH.. IVE BEEN IN THIS HOBBY ALMOST A YEAR.. I STARTED WITH A 55G,THEN UPGRADED TO THE 180G AFTER 10 MONTHS.. BGGER WATER CHANGES

ruaround

Originally Posted by sweetdawn
it looks like it is sitting on three dryers
That was my girl friends first reaction, and I said 3 12" sub woofers...

Excellent setup!!! I really dig how the tank fits your room!!! so did you design the tank around the room or the room around the tank... Again, thanks for the pix I enjoyed checkin it out!!!

philgmiami

Originally Posted by ruaround
That was my girl friends first reaction, and I said 3 12" sub woofers...

Excellent setup!!! I really dig how the tank fits your room!!! so did you design the tank around the room or the room around the tank... Again, thanks for the pix I enjoyed checkin it out!!!

i designed the tank to match my place and thank you