Here's to you Pop

jam marine

nm reef,after reading your triute to your dad,it brought tears to my eyes,at the moment i can only imagine what you are feeling,because both my parents are still alive,when my grandmother was alive she would always say,THE O SO SWEET MYSTERY OF LIFE,as i get older i realise what she was talking about,anyway before i get two sentimental,keep strong my brother.
p.s wicked tank as always,keep it up:D

ctgretzky9

So sorry for your loss...just think about the times you had, as you are lucky to have gotten to know the man who you have come to appreciate. My father was a police officer kille din the line of duty when I was only 7 yrs old and my brother was 2. We never got to know the man, and because of whatever reason, I have absolutely no memory of his voice, his mannerisms or anything about else my father.
It is a sad loss on your part, but smile to know that you knew who and what he was. Others sometimes aren't as lucky to have at least some memories...

clown52

Sorry for your loss NM.
I am sure you were not "alone" on Sunday, he just didn't have to use the door.

nm reef

Thanks again for all the kind words....yesterday was just a really bad day. What I wouldn't give for just one more visit....
We were close and he was my best friend. One of the few men I can say I truely respected.
I feel very fortunate to have had him as my father...and I hope when my time comes I will be remembered as he has been.
Thanks again for all the well wishs and kind words...and sorry for being so sentimental.

julius

Aint nothing wrong with it man just expressing yourself, I remember I also got alot of kind words here when I was going through a tough time when I son was in the hospital with a severe heart condition.

knots

Awesome tribute NM. You are so lucky to have had such a great relationship with your dad. Seems like most people just kind of take our relationship with our parents for granted but I think you have shown us not to do that. I think your being sentimental taught some of us a good lesson. I for one Thank You.

mikegray

thats was the most wonderfull thing i read.. NM... that got me in tears. that was really amazing.... im sorry for your loss. stay strong man.