Hermit Crabs with Fighting Conch

college kid

I have one fighting conch in my 55 and it keeps the sand very very clean. They grow to be a lot bigger than you would think, the last time I saw all of mine was 8 months ago and it was almost 6 inches then

college kid

my hermits haven't eaten mine and they have been together for over a year now, They did get a queen conch of mine though. I would just make sure you give your conch time to get under the sand

Originally Posted by rupertlilly
http:///forum/post/2464175
I bought them on here and it stated 1 per 30 gals! Thanks for not answering my inital question in the first place.
Sorry for not replying but had to leave some were in a hurry, but you can have at least two in there and thats just about it
With the hermits, if they want a new shell they might go for the conch but not really sure

rtspeed

calm down i am trying to give you advice as for the hermits they will sooner or later go after things, it just takes time for them to figure out what they will pick on at that time. As for me saying you have to many conches is that if there is not enough food supply for them the weakest of the bunch will die off and your hermits will eat it and then you will blame them for killing it, when in reality it was just surival and the hermits were doing there job by taking the garbage out for you.