Heteractis magnifica??

canadamoose

Hello, I am new to the saltwater aquarium hobby (I have kept freshwater all my life) and would like to get an ocellaris clown for my 29 gallon oceanic biocube. I am wondering what your thoughts are on my getting the reef package of an ocellaris clown and a heteractis magnifica for my tank?
Thank you!!

gemmy

I would go with a bubble tipped anemone. The h. magnifica will not be suitable for a bio cube.

snakeblitz33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadamoose http:///t/392468/heteractis-magnifica#post_3484976
Hello, I am new to the saltwater aquarium hobby (I have kept freshwater all my life) and would like to get an ocellaris clown for my 29 gallon oceanic biocube. I am wondering what your thoughts are on my getting the reef package of an ocellaris clown and a heteractis magnifica for my tank?
Thank you!!
Welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy your stay!!!
Yes, I agree that the H. Magnifica is not suitable for your size tank.

canadamoose

I have just spoken to a friend and he said that ifi want to have corals that I probably shouldn't get the bubble anemone either. Is this true or can I get the anemone, or any anemone for that matter?

S

smallreef

In in tank that small there is the possibility of the anemone roaming and stinging the corals.. with that being said if you stick to say a bubble tip and keep a good watch on it and wait until you have had it for a while before adding corals may help cut down the chances if it finds its place and settles in first...