Hex Reef Tank Hood/Lighting solution?

erenninger

Hello,
Hello, I am looking for a lighting solution for a hexagon tank I have, it is 24" tall and 18 inches across, Ive been looking for something that would work for a reef system, most of the lighting out there is about 20" in length and from what I understand I would also need to make sure there was glass between the light and the water?
Does anyone know if there is a hood solution out there and/or where to get a glass top? Also what a good lighting fixture to use would be ive read you need about 4 to 8 watts per gallon? . Im looking for something that isn't hanging or bulky.
Thank you,
Erik

veni vidi vici

Originally Posted by erenninger
http:///forum/post/2854450
Hello,
Hello, I am looking for a lighting solution for a hexagon tank I have, it is 24" tall and 18 inches across, Ive been looking for something that would work for a reef system, most of the lighting out there is about 20" in length and from what I understand I would also need to make sure there was glass between the light and the water?
Does anyone know if there is a hood solution out there and/or where to get a glass top? Also what a good lighting fixture to use would be ive read you need about 4 to 8 watts per gallon? . Im looking for something that isn't hanging or bulky.
Thank you,
Erik
DIY canopy and a Metal Halide retrofit reflector.No need for the glass top,it has more disadvantages then advantages

mr_x

i'd go with a single clip on pendant. a 250 watt clip on, and you can have an sps hex.