Hey All, I really need some Help.

spectre879

Hello everyone, its been awhile since I have visited the boards.
I have a urgent issue that involves a beloved Scopus Tang that hasnt been looking at all well for the last two days. Im unable to diagnose him, Im just not that well versed in the topic. He hasnt had hardly any activity and has been lying around in a lathargic state gasping and rapidly shifting colors (from ghost grey to dark brown and yellow). He hasnt eaten well in a while, I just finished trying to "force feed" by literaly bringing the food right up next to him. He merely nibbled on it.
Some distrubing appearances include:
Color shifts(as stated before)
Unusual smooth skin texture around the upper lateral line
An appearingly bloody gill set.
minor fine shredding.
I have included all of the photos I have, the camera is not of the best quality but it is the best that I can do. I dont have time to dive into the archives of the forum so your patience and assistance would be most gradified.

looks like something my fish had. it could be that he was in a fight and his spine got shook up and reconstructed or whatever. if that is the cause then theres no cure sorry.

But it's likely that it's something else. it could be a swimbladder problem. Is he swimming weirdly or floating or soaking sometimes? if this is the case i dont know how to cure it sorry.

spectre879

Right now his usual posture is pointing upwards, stationary. The shot you see with him pointing towards the upper left corner is closest to how he looks in that respect. When he decides to move, he swims close to normaly, only with a slight swagger.
He wasnt in a fight, he is the largest fish in the tank, residing with a medium sized percula (who has never been aggressive, can be seen seating himself next to the tang) and three small damselfish. They lack in size to do any dammage.
Should I Isolate him for safety purposes?

wattsupdoc

Has he been eating well in the past? It looks like he's pretty well emaciated. You can clearly make out his rib cage. What are you feeding?

spectre879

Two days before he was eating very well, almost everything that fell in front of him he consumed. He used to be kind of chubby, in a good way. He has only nibbled alittle for the past few days, when I brought the food right to him. None of the other fish bother him.
I usually feed them a mix of small shrimp (cant remember the exact types, some brine, and a few others) and greens. They haved lived off of it for years and it works great for the rest of them.
I thought I might include that he is a few years old, say two-two1/2 so I dont know his species exact life span. I know the Clown can live up to 10-12 years.
He is a photo of him while he was healthy.

sepulatian

I am seeing alot of fake decoration. He did not get this way in two days for no reason. What else has happened within the tank. Any changes, spikes, how often do you test the tank? How long have you had him? What sized tank is this? Do you have LR? What has he been eating?

anubisxero

even though he died i have a few questions that may help you later especially if you plan on keeping a tang in the future.
1. What size tank was it in?
2. What did his regular diet consist of?
I ask this because as was said before the way he looks there's no way he got to looking like that in a matter of a couple days. Anyway, hope we can help.
Jason

spectre879

Originally Posted by Anubisxero
even though he died i have a few questions that may help you later especially if you plan on keeping a tang in the future.
1. What size tank was it in?
2. What did his regular diet consist of?
I ask this because as was said before the way he looks there's no way he got to looking like that in a matter of a couple days. Anyway, hope we can help.
Jason
The tank is a 75 gallon with not a whole lot of rock. I stated before that they regularly eat a mixture of various small shrimp, including brine, some algae, and greens. They feed regularly at 7-8 o'clock at night.
And I am not kidding, he did turn to look like that in a few days. The whole thing was very sudden. The second photo seen in my second post is a shot of him a few weeks ago.