Hey car people, check this out!

mie

Took my 2000 chev suburban in to the shop today because it was making a slight ticking noise and was staring to squeel when you started it. Here is the result, a seriously broken flexplate(flywheel), Was going to be a 1,000 dollars to fix but the wifes dad is the head mechanic so I get to pay 500. Merry freaking christmas.

reefraff

You are lucky that didn't fly apart and damage a bunch of other stuff. I had the bolts fall out of a flex plate (fly wheel on an automatic transmission). I heard the first go and thought I just had a rock kick up on the car. The second one I knew I was in trouble and was making a run for home when the last 2 let loose. One of the bolts shot through the bell housing. Luckily it was headed down instead of through the floor board.

mie

That is what they origianally thought, was the bolts were loose. I am lucky I caught it before it grenaded!

reefkprz

pretty amazing you got lucky on noticing that in time. that could have turned into a reall mess
no more roll backs on stock parrts apparantly chevy stock flex plates arent solid enough to handle the weight of a burban, maybe you ought to use a ford plate.

mie

The motor is a 6 liter 400 with the big trans as my sub is a 3/4 ton. From what I understand This is somewhat common in chevys.