Hey, dburr

marvida

You mentioned in a recent thread that you use the Kent float switch. I need to do something with a gravity top off system and was wondering; the catalogs list a "float valve" and a "float valve kit". Do I need the whole kit, or will just the valve work on a gravity system?
Thanks!

squidd

If your just using gravity to fill from a "higher' tank to a lower a simple "float valve" will work (similar to a toilet tank) When theres enough water to raise the float it mechanicly shuts off the supply...
The "Float valve Kits" you refer to are generaly part of an RO system and include "back pressure solinoid valves on the membrane, all the related elbows, Ts, and fittings as well as the float valve for the tank.
HTH
:cool:

marvida

That's what I kinda thought. Since I switched from PC's to MH on my 10, the evaporation is no longer consistant & I need a demand type system instead of the drip.
Thanks!
Ken

marvida

I converted a 500w halogen yard light into a 70w HQI. I know, why bother with 70w? I scored a ballast on ---- for $20. bought a 10K bulb for $70. Got the rest of the parts out of the boneyard.
So I have MH on my 10 gal for about $100. I left 1X32 PC Actinic on it for color. I also had to add a fan & because of that the evaporation rate, while the lights are on, has tripled.