Hey everyone, what do you tink of my tank so far?

mmync

Hey everyone, I was just wondering what you guys think of my tank so far. I just got into this hobby in December, and that is how old the tank is. I am 29 years old and I live in Saint Clair Shores, Michigan. My tank is a 190 gallon acrylic tank with a 40 gallon sump and 60 gallon refugium. I have a 6" deep sand bed. My lighting is 3 250w double ended 10,000k A.B. bulbs in sunlight supply reef optix 3 pendents. They are powered by sunlights supply ballasts. It is supplemented by 4 60" vho actinics. These are powered by 2 icecap 660 ballasts. The water is returned to the tank form an Iwaki 55rlt pump. I am running an aerofoamer 624 protein skimmer which is also powered by an iwaki 55rlt pump. The current in the tank is made by 2 tunzes 6000 turbelle streams with multicontroller. My tank is built in to my all mirror living room wall. So the whole tank is surrounded by mirrors. It was alot of planning and work, but I am really happy with how it turned out. The tank is viewable from both sides and the other side of the tank is in a spare bedroom which is now a fish room. As far as livestock, for fish I currently have 1 blonde naso with super long streamers, 2 yellow tangs and 2 gold striped maroon clowns. As far as corals, i have 2 frogspawns, bubble coral, xenia, fox coral, plate coral, maxima clam, green star polyps, yellow polyps, a couple acropora's, devils hand, hammer, daisy, orange ricodrea and green ricordea yuma and a couple various other corals. I am hoping in time to eventually get a larger selection of hard corals and fish. I know I still have alot to learn and have really been enjoying this hooby. I am also trying to learn how to make a website so I can share pictures of my tank and setup with others. If you would like to see my very newbie website, here it is http://www.aquamikes.com/ Thanks to everyone who has helped me learn about this new hobby of mine.:)

gatorcsm

What do you think of the tunze powerheads? Do they really create a large tunnel of flow?
Tank is looking great.
Gator

mmync

Hi gator, thanks for the compliment. Yes I really love my tunzes. They defineltly live up to all the hype and are worth every penny.

dburr

I tink your tank looks tweet.:D :D :D
No really, it looks good. I like what you done in the mirror, the diamonds and all.

tangman99

Very nice! Is it in a wall covered with mirrors? Kind of hard to get a visual of the room, but the tank is very nice.

mmync

Yes tank, the tank is built into an all mirrored wall. So basically the whole tank is surrounded by mirors. Thanks for the compliment:)

krunk

lol, at first i thought those were windows, and i thought the tnak was floating. The tank looks sweet though!

tangman99

I bet that is real sweet looking. Can you back out and get a picture with the wall? I'd really like to see that.

pbuck

mmync,
How do you like the Turbelle Stream 6000s? I am thinking of getting the Stream Kit so I can turn down the water flow so it won't stir up my sand too much. I would really appreciate your feedback on the Streams because I am really thinking about getting the kit but I am worried about it stirring up the sand too much. Let me know, please.