hey, isn't ph supposed to be 8.3??

owlett

hello, I just came home from work, as it turns out, I work at ***** now! I am happy because I have a job, but I hope they let me fiddle with the saltwater section. . .I don't want the fish to be so sick anymore!
Anyways, I was just watching a training video that said that the PH for saltwaterfish should be. . .7.8--8.2?!?!?
I thought that the ph was not supposed to drop below 8.2 and be better up to 8.4??
Are they wrong? Or is that Ph fine for fish and invertes? I know that the store doesn't carry corals anymore.
Who has good answers!

jarvis

I belive the definition of perfect is 8.2 however tank can range from I belive the numbers are 7.8 to 8.5 and still remain health. It is more inportant for you PH not to fluctuate or flucuate very little. Drastic PH flucuation would be a pretty good indication that water chemistry just aint right due to chemical inbalances.

stpabr

Noticed you stated "Training Video" meaning that is what they (*****) wants to maintain. Meaning it is very inportant for customers to understand the proper acclimation procedures.
Maybe they like it low to semi-hypo the livestock, minimizing ick?
Good luck in your new career...:)