Hey mnreefman

justinx

I saw on another thread that you have a himilayan or persian cat. And based on the picture, I think that you and I must have related cats! Well, not literally, but they sure look a like. Here is a picture of mine, this picture did not take any prompting. He is quite an interesting and special cat. He is one of Hemmingways.

justinx

Your cat looks kinda pissed . . . how long have you had him/her? Mine is pushing 15 years old, but his age is starting to show.

searcher

Justin I asked you a similar question before about your six toed cat, but is he actually related to Hemmingway's cat's?
And how did you acquire him?

justinx

Yeah, he is one of hemmingways actual cats, or a descendant there of. He has six toes on both front feet, and he has some serious neurological disorders which are the direct result of inbreeding. He has seizures like a dog which make him run out of control, he also has the typical twitching kind. He cannot run outside of having a seizure, he cannot jump, or make left turns. Other wise, he is normal. Uses a litter box, bathes himself (kinda), eats, sometimes plays with stuff. But IMO, he is the perfect cat becuase of all this. He will never ruin furnitire, or thrash the walls/carpet. If he runs away . . .or should I say walk . . . he aint going very far or fast. He is an awesome cat. That picture totally projects his personality. He follows me around the house and greets me at the door when I get home. Its kinda funny because the vet has been telling me that he has only about 6 months or so to live, well . . . . I have been hearing that for fifteen years!
As far as acquiring him, my girlfriends uncle used to live in key west, and during hurricane andrew, this cat was seen flying (literllay) across the yard. So her uncle ran out and grabbed him. At first, we though that he hit his head or something, but we later found out what the deal was. His blood type has been matched and typed with the majortity of the remaining hemmingway cats. So he is ours, we even have a paper from the estate releasing him to us.
Since he was found in hurricane andrew and lived to tell about it, we named him Andrew. My little buddy.

searcher

Wow! Thanks for the reply. That's a really interesting story. Hope he has a lot more than six months, sounds like a great pet.

justinx

I am sure he does . . . he is getting old, but I am convinced that he is going to live forever:rolleyes: Seriously though, he'll be around for a while. I wish my digital was working, cause he is always doing strange things. Perfect example above! He really is a great pet. IMO, the perfect pet.