Hey NASCAR Fans...

ruaround

dont know if any of you were watching the qualifying, but if not you need to tune in...
Michael McDowell hit the wall harder than i have ever seen rolled 8 or 9 times and walked away from it!!!
thanks to the SAFER Barrier and the COT!!!

spiderwoman

I just got home with my girls when they were showing the accident. He was blessed today, that's for sure.

reefraff

Definatly one of the worst hits I've seen. Looked to be worse than the one that took out earnhardt

aquaknight

Lol, man this guy is having a steep learning curve. Learned last week you don't race 2nd place when you're 3 laps down in 29th, and this week, if your car's loose on entry, you don't overcorrect turning right. I bet he never does that again...

rockette

Wow that was pretty bad. Does he have any minor injuries at all? I can see at least him getting a concussion from that. I am by no means a fan of NASCAR, but it is incredible to see anyone walk away from a crash like that.

ruaround

Originally Posted by Rockette
http:///forum/post/2551702
Wow that was pretty bad. Does he have any minor injuries at all? I can see at least him getting a concussion from that. I am by no means a fan of NASCAR, but it is incredible to see anyone walk away from a crash like that.
he wasnt injured at all... his undershorts didnt make it though...

rockette

Originally Posted by ruaround
http:///forum/post/2551787
he wasnt injured at all... his undershorts didnt make it though...

Ah well, could have been worse. Since when did they start using rear wings with NASCAR? I used to follow racing quite closely before I started to work on my dissertation, mostly WRC and F1 racing though. Been at least 3-4 years now...

ruaround

Originally Posted by Rockette
http:///forum/post/2551871

Ah well, could have been worse. Since when did they start using rear wings with NASCAR? I used to follow racing quite closely before I started to work on my dissertation, mostly WRC and F1 racing though. Been at least 3-4 years now...
last year they ran with the COT (used to stand for "Car Of Tomorrow" and now stands for "Car Of Today") at a couple tracks... this year every race will be run with the COT...

hillius31

Ive been there and done that once. NOT FUN AT ALL. I was in Tennessee racing a dirt track latemodel and hit a concrete wall at 156mph. Needless to say the impact broke my HANS device, my right collar bone and fractured my right ankle. My ankle got fractured cause when I hit the wall head one the entire front clip folded underneath of me and then the car rolled about 7 times and landed on its roof. I got out of the car by myself. I walked to the ambulance and didn't know I broke or fracture anything. Adrenaline does that to a person. The sad thing is that I was wrecked on purpose, by a local driver, who was mad that I was leading the A Main, and on the last lap he turned down on me, he told me that he was just trying to spin me out. I guess thats what happens when you travel from Wyoming to Tennessee to go racing.

Justin

crashbandicoot

Not only did he walk away from it but he was walking around talking to officals while they cleaned it up and got ready for the next car to qualify . I would have been on my way to the beer stand to get a cold one after that ride was over . I wouldn't have even stopped to change my shorts . Theres just a point when you need a beer and a moment with god to say thanks .