Hey now ! New to Forum

cvalli649

Hey all just signed up to swf I have been looking over some stuff over the past few months I recently got a SW tank I used to have all fresh water but wanted to take the "plung" brother in law has had many SW tanks and he steered me in the right direction and actually made my filter in my tank. Have a 20 Gallon set up right now for about a little over 2 months so far pretty good no major issues looking forward to getting it established ASAP and getting some nice corals in the tank to to get some more color. Just wanted to say Hey to everyone out there..

cvalli649

I plan on upgrading soon right now I just have one 50/50 light T8 24 inch bulb ... but I want to upgrade and get better lighting I hear its very important with Corals and plants.. not sure if it has a big effect on the fish also but I know the blue at nite is good to have when they are resting

cvalli649

Thanks all I plan on learning a WHOLE lot on the saltwater end... I am familiar with fresh water but have always loved salt

cvalli649

lol unless I kill all of my fish :) jk .. im taking your advice I love my tank hope to upgrade in the near future

jburgi

So I did fresh for about 5 years before switching to salwater........best decision EVER! I went from someone who enjoyed fishkeeping, to a TOTAL SALTWATER CREEPER! I just wish I had lots of money. When first switching I planned on doing only the minimal....problem was....THIS IS SO ADDICTING! Even if you want to start out simple....you change your mind.
That is why you should....NO MATTER WHAT YOU THINK NOW....get EVERYTHING high quality to begin with. Believe me, if you don't... you will regret it later on.
GOOD LUCK! This is the most fun/addicting hobby EVER!

S

siptang

Quote:
Originally Posted by jburgi http:///t/391128/hey-now-new-to-forum#post_3467544
So I did fresh for about 5 years before switching to salwater........best decision EVER! I went from someone who enjoyed fishkeeping, to a TOTAL SALTWATER CREEPER! I just wish I had lots of money. When first switching I planned on doing only the minimal....problem was....THIS IS SO ADDICTING! Even if you want to start out simple....you change your mind. Definitely with you on that one.

That is why you should....NO MATTER WHAT YOU THINK NOW....get EVERYTHING high quality to begin with. Believe me, if you don't... you will regret it later on.
GOOD LUCK! This is the most fun/addicting hobby EVER!
+1!