Hey Oklahoma Reefers - question on new aquarium

overanalyzer

OK thinking of taking a family trip to Tulsa - what is everyone's take on the new aquarium just outside of Tulsa (Jenks)? Also - there is mention of an aquarium @ the zoo - is that the same thing?? are they both worth visiting? Family trips to the zoo are pretty common place so I think we would do that anyhow - just curious.....
thanks - and any pictures of comments are welcome

becca

I heard that there was a new store in Broken Arrow that was worth checking out. There is also the shop where I buy some of my stuff on the corner of 51st and Sheriden. Aquarium Dynamics is the name of it. She is really nice and they have some really nice tanks.
When are you going?

overanalyzer

thinking about right after the 4th of July weekend ... you travel from joplin down to Tulsa?? Hey check out a local reefer board for KC called www.fishheads.org and welcome to the board here - don't think I've seen you around before!
Anyone from oklahoma been to the aquarium yet??

leboeuf

I'm sure you don't care much for the opinion of your southerly neighbors but I will be in Tulsa next week for business and will ask around. A few of my docs have tanks in their offices, they should know. I'll get back to ya!

lesa

Overanalyzer, Let me know and I will give you address's and #'s for the pet shops in Tulsa, if you want them.
Lesa

overanalyzer

Originally posted by LeBoeuf
I'm sure you don't care much for the opinion of your southerly neighbors but I will be in Tulsa next week for business and will ask around. A few of my docs have tanks in their offices, they should know. I'll get back to ya!

Hey If i didn't care I wouldn't have asked!!! I really want to know if it is worth it or not!
Lesa - thanks but I think the wife would kill me if I made a tour of the pet shops while in town!!

lesa

Okay, BUt if you change your mind email me. We are going to Tulsa Thursday so I have done my homework:D You never know what you might find:D

2jz

as far as the aquarium, i think it's cool. most peole should enjoy it. Aquarium dynamics is a good store and good selection. Their prices are kind of high though, just like many other stores around here...I would also check out Tulsa Aquatics between 51st and 61st on Mingo road.

aaronw78

My wife and I went to the aquarium the 1st week they opened it to the public. It was ok, there wasn't an impressive reef setup (not yet at least). But the shark tank was pretty neat. I hope it gets better with time. I have heard the tulsa zoo does have a large reef setup, but i haven't checked it out myself yet.