hey sammy!

Could you explain astrowars to me? I registered and have a planet . . . beta something or other . . . . but I am not totally sure what i am supposed to be doing.

overanalyzer

Originally posted by 007
Could you explain astrowars to me? I registered and have a planet . . . beta something or other . . . . but I am not totally sure what i am supposed to be doing.

Ditto ... of course I am working and doing like 4 other things too .... i did figure out how to change my science to social ....

sammystingray

The first three days are VERY slow. After that it picks up. My advice is to do nothing but buy robotic factories and hydroponic farms until you get a level of seven on both atleast. Social allows your population to grow, and hydroponic farms increases the rate. Every population level gives you another production point per hour, and every robotic factory does the same. Where are you guys at? planet name and location?

Originally posted by Wrassecal
Sammy just wondering what your growing on your hypdroponic farm...

He he he . . . .
:sleepy:

I think that I am starting to get the hang of it, and I also see how it picks up pretty quickly . . .
I still don't know exactly what the point is.

overanalyzer

Originally posted by 007
I think that I am starting to get the hang of it, and I also see how it picks up pretty quickly . . .
I still don't know exactly what the point is.

Judging by the titles it is a Civ game for space - build an empire - through force or alliances .....

overanalyzer

Not sure - where is Sammy?? There is a guy who has not done anything to his planets right near me (according to the list). Starting to salivate over the idea of territorial expansion (napoleanic complex in games like this!!!)

sammystingray

overanalyzer, the other day my brother was over here, and asked what I was playing. He joined when he got home, and he is in your system. I told him I know you, and I believe he will PM you on the game. His username is "monster". Perhaps you two can help each other out

I have not really figured out how to form alliances and take over planets and what not, but I am amassing quite a planet!

overanalyzer

Originally posted by sammystingray
overanalyzer, the other day my brother was over here, and asked what I was playing. He joined when he got home, and he is in your system. I told him I know you, and I believe he will PM you on the game. His username is "monster". Perhaps you two can help each other out

Yeah we've been talking there is no one else in our area who is doing anything so I think he and I will own the system. I have already launched a ship to the next galaxy over! Veryt cool game!!

iceburger

I joined also...but i don't remember the name of my system...oh but don't worry, you'll be seeing me soon...when i take over your planets of course

just a thought...megalomaniac is the word for someone who wants to take over earth...what do you call someone that wants to take over the entire universe?

sammystingray

iceburger, you're better off to let all of us know who you are so we can help each other......in my opinion anyway. My name is griddog at 53/50. I consider this round practice because I started 15 days late, by joining you will be emailed when the next round starts, and we can all start on the first day so nobody gets a head start.

T

thomas712

Can any of you see the following systems:
Alpha Alphacca
Alpha Atik
Alpha Nath
Alpha Phecda
Alpha Sheddi
Beta Wega

sammystingray

The numbers help a LOT more than a name......so I know what direction and how far away you are......I am based at 53/50. The first players started at 0/0......I'm glad I'm not in that area.:eek:

overanalyzer

Wow 0/0 is the start. I'm @ 60/14. So once someone wins we all get reshuffled and start again? How cool is that. I got a guy I'm working with to start playing on Friday and I told my brother about it but he might be bummed out by the chiefs loss still .....
Hmmm the top player only has 309 points .... so we have some time yet.... since they have to keep 500 for a week.