HI what is your FAVORITE Fish & why?!?!

mr_wrasse

At this point in time, I would have to say that the queen trigger I just got is the favorite. Talk about a really cool fish.

W

wingsnfins

For me, the Seahorses and the Bangaai Cardinal. I do not have any of these, but maybe someday with more experience and a MUCH larger tank or two, or three...and I like the way that a Niger Triggerfish swims, neato: like a propeller of sorts.

R

rumbles

I would have to say that my blue face angel whom we call freckles is the best fish ever. He has the best personality and I never get bored watching him.

alleyesonme

totally with you goofieones, majestic angel all the way...my lfs just got one in, too! thinking about purchasing it...put a thread out asking for info...

Purple Tang - Beautiful, tough and great personality. Been rooming with it for ~2yrs. now. It recently decided that my 100 reef was too small for it and the Kole Tang, but it's otherwise been a great fish. It's grown so much in two years and is now healthy, plump and hopefully happy. IMOHO, they're the heartiest Tangs.
Majestic Angel - Just introduced one to my med tank (58 gall FOWLR). I've heard they're delicate, so I'm hoping for the best. It's sharing this tank with a Med. Yellow tang, two Percs, a Wrasse and a Seahorse. Everybody elso in the tank has been getting along nicely for quite some time. The Tank is full of Caulerpa, so even the Seahorse gets along. I know this is a wierd setup, but it seems to work... I just hope the Majestic doesn't upset the balance. So far (7-9 mos.) Nitrates are 0 (caulerpa rocks!). I'm setting up a refugium this weekend to offset the bio-load of the Majestic, especially since it seems to love eating caulerpa.
I'm crosing my fingers and hoping the Majestic pulls through... Re: the title of this post, I'm still a little partial to the P-Tang.

justchillin

fixitdude2001:
how did you get him to eat out of your hand??? i have heard several people say that they do the same thing and was curious how you escape injury???
mine is so blind i don't see how it would work...

Hi chillin,Ours is blind as a bat too. But his sniffer is great, put a piece of squid about two ta three inches long in the tank and swish it around ,dosent take long and out he comes . I just swish it around and he comes up and takes it nooooo problem. My wife gets a little nervouse because he comes out fast But, I enjoy feeding him. It gets a little hairy feeding him small things like clams or pieces of shrimp, but ya get the hang of it after awhile...cya its almost feeding time :D