hidden zoos

spacemonkey

Hi, I have recently bought a colony of green mushrooms... they have been growing quite well and I'm pleased with that.
I noticed the other day that there are little zoos starting to grow underneth the mushrooms... is there a safe way i can remove the mushrooms to give the zoos light?
I don't think they could be getting near enough right now...

spacemonkey

What i basically want to know is if there is anyway to remove the mushrooms the the piece of liverock i bought and place them elsewhere to give the zoos light... will they rip if i just try and pull them off??

norcal420

YOu can actually cut them off and if you leave a section of the foot (the part that connects to the rock) they may actually grow back. THey can handle a bit of movement but it is somewhat easy to get them to connect back to a rock if you use a piece of bridal veil and wrap them with a rock with the veil. Be sure that when you take them off or cut them that they have a peice of the foot.
Possibly use a power head to agitate them and they may want to move on their own which will make them easy to take off on their own.
Any other opinions?

cliffrouse11bas

I think they are probably baby mushrooms. What my one mushroom live rock hitchhiker does now is pop off go somewhere new and another grows in the original spot. Bast_rds...

spacemonkey

no I'm pretty sure there zoos they look like a sunflower with a bright orange center... there is only maybe 5 of them... the guy at the lfs said there may be some of them under there because the shrooms were located right beside a colony of zoos in his tank... I'll see if i can remove one or two shrooms and place them else where... can't pass up free zoos ya know... tks for your replies