hidding fish

polka

First and foremost, HAPPY NEW YEAR!. Okay here is the deal. My husband and I recently had to move my 40 gal. f/o because of new carpeting being installed. My fish (1 clown, 1 hawk and 1 wrasse) were in temporary housing for approximatley 30 minutes while we drained most of the water, moved the tank, returned water. The tank stayed in it's temp location for 4 1/2 days (with the fish in it). then we repeated the procedure and moved the tank to a new location. The new location is closer to my kitchen than before. After all of this information my question is this: Why are my fish hiding all the time? My clown hangs out in the far corner, the wrasse is in a whole in some rock and the hawk comes in and out of hiding. They all are around at feeding time but when you look at the tank anyother time, it looks empty. What happened and do my fish need counseling? (hahaha) Seriously, do I need to do anything or will they come around. This all happened about three weeks ago and they are not changing their actions.
Thank you!!

mr . salty

I would say the move stressed them quite a bit. As long as they are eating,and otherwhise doing fine,I wouldn't worry too much. They will come around.

lionfish

LionFish says.....
WEll, once again I have to agree with Salty. All fish get stressed in big moves like that but eventually they will come out of it. As long as they're out for feedings then it should be fine. It took my Six-Line Wrasse awhile to come out of a move, but he snapped out of it when I got him a friend.

polka

Thanks for the info! I will let them be. When I am able to add some new friends, do you have any suggestions?

mr . salty

As long as the water readings are OK you could add a fish anythime you want.This addition may bring out the other fish. I would try it.

lionfish

LionFish says.....
If your readings are good I say you should try a new fish. A common fact is that all fish are curious. Your fish will be probably be interested in a new friend and will have to inspect him. Try a hardy specimen first. I think a Bangaii Cardinal would be a good fish to try. Kinda shy but are really hardy.

jimi

One reason not to add any fish right now is your fish are already stressed. If you add a fish that is infected with something you may not see you could lose the fish you have.