High Def Reef Show Discovery HD

oceana

i watched that a few times in the last few weks. good show but they did not speand enough time on the corals IMO

paulcoates

actually, there is another one on there this month about the Great Barrier Reef and the havoc that the Crown of Thorns starfish is wreaking on it. The spend more time on Coral there, but it is monstly based around the COT Star

oceana

the only problem with tivo is that it does not record in HD. other then that i love tivo.
that crown of thorns one has been on a lot . i found that one better then the other show. after watching that show i think i decided those stars are not reef safe lol.
go to block buster and rent the imax dvd called amazing reef. that one is nothing but coral and even about collection and aquarium trade. in HD on our 61 Samsung DLP it is very cool to watch with some amazing video. It is also produced in 6.1 DTS

E

eaglefan

I saw the Okinawa Reef show last night, not bad. It comes on again Sunday at 4:00pm

saltn00b

Originally Posted by oceana
the only problem with tivo is that it does not record in HD. other then that i love tivo.
well thats why i have DVR / HD reciever all in one combo, it does what tivo does and in HD!
boo ya!
:happy: :happy: :happy:

oceana

Want to know somthing that will make you want to throw up lol
I bought the tv from some guy that was getting a divorce for get this!!
550 bucks. :scared: :happy:
doesnt that just make you sick lol. I was always against projection big screens due to what i felt was very poor picture quality. Then i saw the Samsung DLP and my whole outlook changed. Came across it by chance and once I heard his price I could not have pulled out my wallet fast enough. I called into work that day just so I could pick it up ASAP before he changed his mind or found somone else. At first I thought may have been stolen but at that point I did not care. Then I got home and logged in the serial number for service and they said it was already registered and the name was the same.
so i guess it was right place at the right time. all i know is it was sure a hell of alot better then the 3500 i would have spent new

paulcoates

wow. that is amazing.
I got my for about 2800 if I rememeber correctly, plus a $350 TV stand.
Either way, I still think it was a heck of a deal for me. I think the TV new is about $4500

oceana

hey have you purchased a digital memory card reader yet so that you can take pictures of your tank and then put the card into the tv and display the pics on your tv??
we dont have the right kind of reader to do that be we do put them on dvd.
kind of silly to look at picks of a tank that is siting right there but i do it anyhow.
some day i want a plasma but they are far from perfecting them. I dont want a tv that will cost me just as much to refill in a few years as it does to buy a new one they say they cant be refilled but truth is they just cant be refilled for a cost worth doing it. So i plan to wait awhile. i think about LCD screen but they are best left fir things like signs not moving images.

saltn00b

well lcd technology now is has incredible refresh rates, unlike those of just a few years ago. they have excellent performance (the new pricey ones), as far as fast movement and explosions go. they also are as thin as plasmas, and will never ever get screen burning from resonant images like the comedy central logo or the little ESPN in the corner. so that means you can play video games as long as you want on them and never worry about seeing the life meter when you go channel surfing. hurray for LCDs!

oceana

I dont like how when your get up on a large lcd you can see the little squares(maybe i'm thinking of plasma??). But they are nice. other then price they have the edge on plasma.
plasma and lcd are slowly creeping up on the high end DLP units as far as picture goes but not quite there yet

jimlssc24

Originally Posted by paulcoates
actually, there is another one on there this month about the Great Barrier Reef and the havoc that the Crown of Thorns starfish is wreaking on it. The spend more time on Coral there, but it is monstly based around the COT Star

do you know the date and time?