High School

sweat90lx

My 5 years of high school were fun I think. LOL. I did good until my parents divorced when I was 17 and I turned into a rebel. I didnt fit in any group and hung around many different groups. Our city and county high schools combined at that same time, basically a desegregation with lots of racial tension.
My sport was the rifle team. They gave us .22 caliber rifles to shoot and I help start the JROTC program. My parents bought me a $2500 rifle that I still have today.
My second jr year I only went to one class an entire semester. I was in the work program and got out of school an 12:30 anyway. I was supposed to go to homeroom, 2nd period english, and 3rd period for the work program but I only went to english.
I could have gotten a scholarship to shoot in college, ROTC and had a big start to a military career but chose not to. I worked and made ends meet and didnt go back to college until I was 28. I guess I never grew up until my daughter was born.

travelerjp98

Rifle team? I wish we had that.
But the school is about letting the students run it.. so you just gave me an idea. Thanks:t^:

pezenfuego

I'll give you some high school relationship advice. See, high school relationships are unlike actual relationships in that they are generally silly and full of drama. Of course there are exceptions. They are pretty easy to spot also. Anyway, when it comes to high school relationships, cheating is a very prominent phenomenon. I've cheated, I've been cheated on, and I've been the the person who the girl cheated with. I guess that makes me a trifecta of stupid. Anyway, there are dozens of ways to handle these situations...most are wrong. If a girl cheats on you, kick her to the curb. Seriously, get rid of her. In adult relationships, there is more to consider, but in high school relationships, curb. When it comes to cheating on other people...all that I can say is don't do it.
Now, here comes the part where I get flamed. If you like a girl who has a boyfriend, I say go for it. Just make sure she breaks up with him before you do anything with her. Having relations with a girl who has a boyfriend will end up badly for everyone involved. In my experience you get punched in the face and the girl ends up hating you. But if you wait and tell the girl no, your chances improve. Of course, if you just to get into her pants, it might be worth a punch in the face.
Anyway, studies come first. There is plenty of time for that other stuff later.

travelerjp98

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEZenfuego http:///t/392778/high-school/40#post_3490718
I'll give you some high school relationship advice. See, high school relationships are unlike actual relationships in that they are generally silly and full of drama. Of course there are exceptions. They are pretty easy to spot also. Anyway, when it comes to high school relationships, cheating is a very prominent phenomenon. I've cheated, I've been cheated on, and I've been the the person who the girl cheated with. I guess that makes me a trifecta of stupid. Anyway, there are dozens of ways to handle these situations...most are wrong. If a girl cheats on you, kick her to the curb. Seriously, get rid of her. In adult relationships, there is more to consider, but in high school relationships, curb. When it comes to cheating on other people...all that I can say is don't do it.
Now, here comes the part where I get flamed. If you like a girl who has a boyfriend, I say go for it. Just make sure she breaks up with him before you do anything with her. Having relations with a girl who has a boyfriend will end up badly for everyone involved. In my experience you get punched in the face and the girl ends up hating you. But if you wait and tell the girl no, your chances improve. Of course, if you just to get into her pants, it might be worth a punch in the face.
Anyway, studies come first. There is plenty of time for that other stuff later.
Was looking forward to getting this typa thing. Thanks