Highspeed internet/DSL

tangman99

Lisa,
I have Bellsouth's DSL service and I've had it for about 2 years now. I have had no problems whatsoever with downtime or speed. Every time I check my speed rating, it is always around 1.2 mbps which is fast enough for me to do anything I need to do.
I've had DirecTV since if first came out and I will never swith to cable so I've never considered a cable modem.
Check into DSL. In some places, you can buy different speed ratings for different prices.
Good luck!

D

daniel411

Comcast and satelite are about the only high speed options in the area, but once again you don't have to switch your tv from satelite... just "sign" up for the limited basic at like $10 or something a month and don't connect it to your tv :)

tenseman

I myself hate Cable TV, the reception doesen't compare to Satillite and where I live the Cable Internet just plain sucks.
I have Bellsouth DSL also.
I have had mine for over 3 years now with never one minute of downtime and I am on the computer everyday.
Everytime I check my speed I get around 1.2MB or a little higher.
They just started offering in my area a 3MB connection for an additional 5 bucks a month that I am waiting to get.

saltine123

i have T1 connection at home it only costs $14,Buckes a Month
IM ROCKING
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

fshhub

Originally posted by Saltine123
i have T1 connection at home it only costs $14,Buckes a Month
IM ROCKING

t3 for 14 bucks??? wtf?!?>!?!?!?!?!
where do you live and how do you get that?. unless you are in college or some kind of housing that offers it(and splits it). a t3 is a hell of alot more than 14.

aarone

Originally posted by fshhub
t3 for 14 bucks??? wtf?!?>!?!?!?!?!
where do you live and how do you get that?. unless you are in college or some kind of housing that offers it(and splits it). a t3 is a hell of alot more than 14.

agreed

rbmount

I install DSL for Bellsouth. Ours is simple to install. The only problem is availability. If you check with your phone co website, there is probably a link to see if you qualify. I have our 3Meg service w/static ip and have had no problems for 3 years.

fshhub

sorry, t1. but still that should be hundreds
sounds more like accelerated browsing. many companies offer it for 5 dollars more a month than their dial up. however it aint worth the extra money. all it does is allow you to open certain pages faster. however, downloads do not get affected one bit.

pokdbz

My experience with the cable companys is if you have the cable television the broadband connection is cheaper per month say 35. But if you don't have cable it is around 55 or so. I would call them up and ask them if you can just get the broadband service I'm sure they will do it for you if you are willing to pay the extra money.
Also, Circuit City offers free Cable modems after rebates in most areas.

aarone

accellerated browsing is a trick...it just caches websites and displays them faster than non cached websites...this is exactly what your history is for also

I don't know....I'm giving Verizon all my money. I got verizon DSL, verizon wireless, Verizon local phone and long distance all on one bill.