Hijacker - Pretty sure its a bubble tip

chefswo

So I got a few new rocks and one of these guys were there, I think its a bubble tip anemone but not for sure…. It started out as 1 but now is about 5-6…. Is it a bubble tip? If so, Why is he splitting so much?

Why doesn't he just get bigger rather then keep on splitting?

meowzer

It's actually majano anemone ...it's a pest and if you do not kill it it will spread all over and smother your tank

you can kill it with Joe's Juice......or look it up...there are a lot of home-made remedies

goldrush

It's probably just the tint in your picture , but the mojamo I fight with is bright green. I make a thin paste out of kalkwasser and hot water and inject it into the mouth. Kills it instantly. The problem is: you can't get what you don't see and it grows behind rocks and continues to spread. I make it a monthly maintenance thing and try to stay ahead of it. Wish there was a way to treat the whole reef safely, but I dislike doing that. They say peppermint shrimp eat it, but that hasn't worked for me.

2quills

Pepermint shrimp don't go for majanos. They go after the glass anemones (another type of aiptasia).

tthemadd1

If it's only on the one piece of rock pull it out. Soak it in boiling water on the stove for an hour. That will kill it for sure.

chefswo

Are these ones the same thing? I don't want to accidentally mistake a good anemone hijacker for a bad one.....