Hillary is still putting her foot in her mouth!

darth tang

Hillary Clinton recently remarked on Iran.
She lambasted the current administration for "outsourcing" the negotiations with Iran.
(This is what she wanted done with Iraq however when she believed the had WMDS).
During her speech, Clinton also made it clear military action against Iran to curb the nuclear threat was an option.
"We cannot take any option off the table in sending a clear message to the current leadership of Iran that they will not be permitted to acquire nuclear weapons," Clinton said.
(Yet with Iraq, when she agreed they had WMDs, she asked to not attack and continue with negotiations or sanctions.)
MAKE UP YOUR MIND AS FOR WHAT ACTION YOU WANT TO TAKE!!!!!!

rberhow

Personally I have alot of difficulty respecting Hillary, even before all of this came up.
The one good side about this, of the two Clintons, atleast Hillary is only sticking her foot in her own mouth not using other body parts.....Well, we won't go there.

petieaztec

after all the controversy that them two have caused they should both lie low. that kind of behavior is what the arab nations dislike about us anyways. i saw that she was speaking and turned off the station. I watched bin ladin's stupid speech though. Someone needs to take him out already!!!!

jmick

You can dig up this stuff on all politicians because they are all flip flop artists…what is so surprising about this?

scubadoo

Originally Posted by Jmick
You can dig up this stuff on all politicians because they are all flip flop artists…what is so surprising about this?
Not all politicians are flip flops...just those that lack conviction. Some love to reinvent themselves based on public opinion.

darth tang

Originally Posted by Jmick
I can't seem to find where John McCain has flip flopped.
Nor can I find where Ronald Reagan Flip Flopped.

scubadoo

As spoken by Hillary Clinton Oct 10, 2002...when public opinion....
In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including Al Qaeda members, though there is apparently no evidence of his involvement in the terrible events of September 11, 2001.
It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons. Should he succeed in that endeavor, he could alter the political and security landscape of the Middle East, which as we know all too well affects American security.
She has now flip flopped based on public opinion...or some other reason.

jmick

Originally Posted by Darth Tang
I can't seem to find where John McCain has flip flopped.
Nor can I find where Ronald Reagan Flip Flopped.

Really?
In Tuesday, in response to a question about what he would do if he were president in the aftermath of the Columbine High School shootings, McCain told me, "It's obvious that at a gun show people should be subject to background checks. I don't get it why in stores you get a background check, but you go three blocks down, there's no background checks."
There's a loophole in the existing gun control laws, I noted, because the gun lobby argued successfully to exempt gun shows.
"Well, it should be closed," McCain responded.
But a day later, on Wednesday, McCain voted to kill an amendment from Sen. Frank Lautenberg that would have closed that very loophole. The largely party-line vote was 51-47. Six Republicans voted for the measure. McCain was not among them. This after reports that the four guns used in the Columbine killings had been purchased at gun shows. Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., complained, "It's like the NRA lives in here."
And then, a day after that, McCain changed his mind again, and signaled he'd support legislation to close the loophole; in fact, he might even draft it. Stay tuned, because the battle won't be over until the last vote is counted.
McCain's 48-hour flip-flop ain't no big thing for most politicians. But it must be said that McCain is supposed to be more than just a politician. John Sidney McCain III has been wooing congregants into the church of his courage and charisma from the moment he burst onto the American landscape as an unfathomably brave returning POW in 1973.

scubadoo

What flip flop? Do your COMPLETE research
McCain-Lieberman Introduce New Bill to Close Gun Show Loophole
By Ed Somers
May 28, 2001
On May 15, Senators John McCain (AZ), Joe Lieberman (CT), Mike DeWine (OH) and Charles Schumer (NY) introduced a bi-partisan bill intended to stop criminals and kids from evading background checks at gun shows. The bill would require background checks at all gun shows where at least 75 guns are sold, encourage states to modernize and automate their criminal history records and enforce gun laws already signed into law. Similar House legislation will soon be introduced. "Despite the tragic lessons we have learned, it is still far too easy for a convicted felon to buy firearms at a gun show," Sen. McCain said adding, "I believe law-abiding citizens have the right to own guns, and I have steadfastly fought for those rights for many years. But with rights come responsibilities."
The "Gun Show Loophole Closing and Gun Law Enforcement Act of 2001 (S 890)" would make all background checks faster and more accurate in states where a rapid check will not let criminals and other prohibited buyers get guns. The bill also adds new penalties for those who lie or illegally evade a background check.
"Reaching accord on how to reduce gun crimes has divided Congress for far too long, unfortunately, at the expense of so many good citizens who have found themselves at the wrong end of a gun," Sen. Lieberman said.
In order to strengthen enforcement, the McCain-Lieberman bill would provide approximately $218 million in funding for new federal law enforcement, including ATF agents, gun crime prosecutors, Project EXILE, and "smart gun" technology. The bill would also require special licensees who conduct background checks at gun shows to maintain the same records that licensed gun stores keep, but it does not require private buyers or sellers to keep records.
What is the Gun Show Loophole?
Under the Brady Law, licensed gun stores are required to perform background checks on all buyers. Through 1999, 536,000 prohibited individuals have been denied a gun because they failed the background check.
However, due to a loophole in the Brady law, unlicensed sellers - essentially private individuals who buy and sell guns - are not required to perform background checks.
A June 2000 evaluation of gun trafficking investigations showed that gun shows rank as the second leading source of illegal guns recovered by federal law enforcement. It is estimated there are more than 4,000 gun shows each year, not including flea markets and other public events where a large number of guns are sold.
Changes Made in New Gun Show Bill
The McCain-Lieberman bill is different in several significant aspects than the "Lautenberg" amendment debated in the 106th Congress, which has also been reintroduced (S 767) in the 107th Congress by Senator Jack Reed (RI). For example:
* McCain-Lieberman defines a gun show as any public event at which 75 or more guns are offered for sale (compared to 50 guns in Lautenberg and the new Reed bill);
* McCain-Lieberman adds no new reporting requirements for those who buy or sell a gun at a gun show;
* McCain-Lieberman allows a state to reduce the maximum 3 days to complete background checks at gun shows to 24 hours when it can certify that a shortened check will not allow criminals to get guns. To receive the waiver, a state must automate at least 95% of its felony, drug abuse, mental health and other disqualifying records going back at least 30 years;
* McCain-Lieberman bill specifically exempts people who sell their own guns from their own homes.

scubadoo

Originally Posted by Darth Tang
I don't see the flip flop.............help me out here Scuba.
Bills/ amendments often get killed and/or voted against for various reasons...wording, exclusions, etc. . It does not mean those that did not support the measure simply do not suppot the "spirit" of what was proposed.

jmick

I like John McCain, I was only proving a point...he said one thing and voted another way and then he proposed another bill.
Scuba you are the offical king of cut and paste :cheer:

scubadoo

McCain is by no means a gun control champion.....his voting record does not scream 100% support at all...far from it.

scubadoo

She no longer supports the war....which I assume is based on polls...but she had no issures voting for...
Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton voted YES.
Read statements Senator Clinton made in this general time period.
Official Title of Legislation:
S 1689: An original bill making emergency supplemental appropriations for Iraq and Afghanistan security and reconstruction for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2004, and for other purposes.
Project Vote Smart's Synopsis:
Vote to pass a bill that would appropriate $87 billion to fund ongoing military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan. $65.6 billion of which is designated for military operations.
Highlights:
- $32.3 billion for operations and maintenance
- $20.3 billion for Iraq reconstruction, $10 billion of which would be in the form of a loan
- $18.5 billion for military personnel
- $11 billion for Afghanistan
Bill Number: S 1689 - 108th Congress (2003-2004)
Senate Passage Vote: 10/17/2003: Passed: 87 - 12. Record Vote Number: 400.
Note: Senate incorporated this measure in HR 3289 as an amendment. HR 3289 then passed both chambers and on 11/6/2003: Became Public Law No: 108-106.

chipmaker

Aw cut the old B*(%$ some slack, she is just practicing safe --- since she can't trust her hubby anymore and not knowing what body parts may have been where......I hear she also has some weird way kissing him in public too!

reefraff

I can't believe anyone would seriously consider voting for HELLary. The only reason she stayed with her husband was for power. Any woman with a ounce of self respect would have been gone after the first half dozen affairs. That is exactly the wrong type of person to have in power.

scubadoo

Originally Posted by reefraff
I can't believe anyone would seriously consider voting for HELLary. The only reason she stayed with her husband was for power. Any woman with a ounce of self respect would have been gone after the first half dozen affairs. That is exactly the wrong type of person to have in power.
Clintonian Ennui Throughout History
Former President Bill Clinton has urged Israeli citizens to "not overreact" to comments made by Iran's newly elected president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. During the "World Without Zionism" conference in late October, Ahmadinejad told attendees that Israel is a "disgraceful blot" in the Middle East and that it deserved to be "wiped off the map."
"Truth be told, he didn't mean anything by those statements," said a spokesman for the cool and measured President of the World."No need to have a nosebleed about it."
Throughout the ages the Clinton family has taken a decidedly non-reactionary approach to potentially threatening situations with mixed results.
Some historical examples include:
* "Yon lions have neither the hunger nor the propensity to attack if left unprovoked." - Clintonus Erectus, Roman Empire era statesman speaking to a group of Christians before they entered the Coliseum.
* "Nahh, Tupac. That whole 'East Coast-West Coast Rap War' junk ain't even no thang. That's just the white man playin' with our heads. Now you go on out and have a good time." - Bill "Pelvis Loco" Clinton to the late rapper Tupac Shakur.
* "Is she seaworthy? My friends not only is she seaworthy this little beauty is the ship that made the Kessell run in less than twelve parsecs!" - Rutger D. Clinton, famed "Travel Agent To The Titanic" to a group of perspective passengers.
* "Your Generals don't know what they're talking about. A land war in Asia is a terrific idea!" - Thierry Clinton, adviser to Napoleon.
* "Those Earp's ain't spolin' for a fight with you. You're the Clanton brothers for God's sake!Besides, it's called the 'OK Corral', what could be more of a good omen? You boys git on down there now. Git I say." - Josiah "The Snake" Clinton, Tombstone, Arizona politician.