Hippo Tangs

smoney

they should get alon well, You could put a blue tang in that tank, but i wouldnt recommend two because they wont get along. try getting a yellow tang and a blue tang. or something along those lines. Right now I have a Yellow and a Blue hippo tang in my 50 gallon tank, both are about 2 inches at the most, they get along quit well. with tangs you really dont want to get two tangs with same body shape, or they feel kinda threatened and start to nip at each other.

22caddy

they should get alon well, You could put a blue tang in that tank, but i wouldnt recommend two because they wont get along. try getting a yellow tang and a blue tang. or something along those lines. Right now I have a Yellow and a Blue hippo tang in my 50 gallon tank, both are about 2 inches at the most, they get along quit well. with tangs you really dont want to get two tangs with same body shape, or they feel kinda threatened and start to nip at each other.
This coming from the person who hatched a bamboo shark in there 50. To lead a healthy life a hippo tang should have 5'-6' swimming space. The 75 could be done by an experienced person, but since this was asked in the new hobbyist section, I am going to assume your new. A 125 would be the minimum I would try. If you are planning on upgrading to a larger tank in the future go for it. Once again, you can try it, but I wouldn't risk it right now.

thedude

This coming from the person who hatched a bamboo shark in there 50.
well if we are going to slander people maybe we also shouldnt take advice from someone whos into "racing and pimping"....your new too buddy, it would be nice to hear from someone with some experience

sw65galma

Originally posted by theDude
well if we are going to slander people maybe we also shouldnt take advice from someone whos into "racing and pimping"....your new too buddy, it would be nice to hear from someone with some experience

Ok since you asked....
only 1 Hippo in a 75Gal, which is even pushing it. 90Gal is recomended, But since you are starting off with a small one, it will take years to get to full size.
Also Blue Hippos are best QT'ed first and also any fish you introduce after MUST be QT'ed..If you are not ready for this, then you are not ready for a Blue Hippo. They will contract ICH faster than you can say ICH!
75Gal is not a good tank if you want a TANG tank, Tangs generally require larger 90gal Min 125gal+ recommended.
Any other questions feel free to post.

22caddy

News flash, just because I am new to this website doesn't mean I'm new. And I am not some slack jawed yokel who likes nascar racing or anything, I have my own car which I drag race at sanctioned events. The pimping things is a joke because I drive a cadillac escalade with 22s and more chrome than a rap concert. So if you want to slander people maybe you should think a little more, but don't hurt yourself doing it.
As far as the coral beauty suggestion, they are a great fish. I have one and love mine.

sw65galma

Originally posted by 22CADDY
News flash, just because I am new to this website doesn't mean I'm new. And I am not some slack jawed yokel who likes nascar racing or anything, I have my own car which I drag race at sanctioned events. The pimping things is a joke because I drive a cadillac escalade with 22s and more chrome than a rap concert. So if you want to slander people maybe you should think a little more, but don't hurt yourself doing it.
As far as the coral beauty suggestion, they are a great fish. I have one and love mine.

Mine has awsome color...they are so nice looking...