Hitch hiker ID

dano

This guy use to live in a hole in my rock. I haven't been able to get a decent picture of it until today, when he moved out of the hole. Anyone know what it is? i have been feeding it bits of mysid shrimp, he grabs it with his tentacles and brings it in to the mouth in the middle. It is about 1 1/4" across.

nm reef

Can you possibly get a better pic of it...I'm not real good at ID's...but that looks like some sort of anemone. Very hard to tell though based on that pic. Maybe one of the other ID pros can help ya out....

dano

I think the picture got a little distorted because I was trying to shoot it from the top. Here is one from the side.

clarkiiboi

I would say some sort of anemone also, from the looks and your discription of eating, but which kind I do not know. Bumping ya for more info from others.

bdhough

Looks like some kind of rock anemone. Maybe Phymantus. Maybe a heteractus but they look more like a "typical" anemone. Nothing but a rock anemone/aptasia would survive a live rock xfer. Moral of the story is its some kind of rock anemone/aptasia.