hitchhicker

bam20747

Hello i got a hitchhicker on my live rock, a urchin what do i feed him? tried to upload picture of urchin but image was to big.

hot883

resize the pic to 500x500 (largest) so we can see what it is for sure. Can't tell if we can't see.

hot883

download photobucket and do it there, save and then use the "manage attachments" (on here) when you reply to a thread, to upload the pic. There is a thread on here that explains it better than that. Sorry, I just know how, can't really explain with out knowing what program you are running etc. Do a search on "posting pictures"

hot883

Good job on the pic. That is an urchin and usually they eat algea I believe. I could be wrong. What type of rock is that white thing? Is your tank cycling now?

bam20747

it is a tonga live rock, yes my tank has finished cycling, i have 2 tomato clown fish, one serpent sea star, one emerald crab and 10 blue leg crabs. so what do i fed my urchin baby?

hot883

Originally Posted by bam20747
it is a tonga live rock, yes my tank has finished cycling, i have 2 tomato clown fish, one serpent sea star, one emerald crab and 10 blue leg crabs. so what do i fed my urchin baby?
If you do not have alot of algea then you need to get nori sheets like tang food I would think. I may be wrong.

say

Originally Posted by bam20747

Very nice baby urchin. The urchin I had was in a 125 gallon tank. First off... how big is your tank? If you have a small tank where the fish can't get away... as he gets bigger he will catch your smaller fish that aren't very fast. (trust me I know... mine caught my damsel's when we put them in a holding tank to take the tank down and move it around one day) other than that... they mainly eat algae. I would put algae sheets in the tank on a clip for my tang... and from there... he would go around and scavage off the rocks. He was very active and would move when you weren't watching. They are very interesting creatures and I believe you will enjoy him. :)

bam20747

Thanks for your replies i will get some seaweed today my tank is a 12g nano tank, here are some pics