hitchhiker starfish???

cabin7882

I have what looks like a messed up baby star fish crawling on my glass. it seems to only have 2 "legs" I don't know what u would call them but then the rest of it is round?? The underneath of it that I can see through the glass definitely looks like a starfish it has a whitish lavender color to it and the top side is brownish? anyone got ideas??

stang5_o

I think i have what your talking about in both my tanks. You may want to post a pic though. There are some like that that eat corals and some that dont. They're kinda hard to tell apart. The ones i have just crawl on the rocks and glass. I've never seen them on any of my corals

kpk

They are called Asternia stars. Melev talks about them on his website. If they have a blue hugh they could be coral eaters, but if they are just brown they are grazers etc. I have them and they seem to be beneficial to the tank. HTH's a little.

nca989

Melev's website? Can you send me a link to that, I'm interested in any information I can find on all these critters....

cabin7882

Now I can't find it!! aahhh and my camera woul'd take a good close up of it but if any of u get a pic of what u have it might help me. thanks!