Hmm... My 135 gallon aquarium seems to be bowing...

eaglephot

What do I do? This is definately not a bow front tank... The supporter in the middle on the top of the tank is pulling away from the back trim support. Will I wake up one morning to find all of my sea creatures on the floor in my living room?

frankthetank

I have seen some bow... but never break. Though I understand your concern. You might get a small leak first... but I doubt you would just all of a sudden find your tank on the living room floor.
Sorry to hear about your problem. Perhaps it's time for a new tank.

eaglephot

Originally Posted by FranktheTank
http:///forum/post/2610079
I have seen some bow... but never break. Though I understand your concern. You might get a small leak first... but I doubt you would just all of a sudden find your tank on the living room floor.
Sorry to hear about your problem. Perhaps it's time for a new tank.
Haha! I like the last thing you said. Maybe it IS time for a new tank. lol. Well, I hope the tank will be alright.

M

markeo99

my brace was broke when I bought my 55 I had I took a 1" x 2" board then screwed a small board on the ends so it would slip over the top of the tank and hold it together

notsonoob

You may be able to get some nylon screws and fabricate a piece of plastic to make yourself a new center support. Basically

[hr]
a piece of plastic into your back support, then have a couple in the center support.
I don't know exactly what you have there, but that is also how your fix a broken center support.

wattsupdoc

It's definetly a situation that shouldnt be ignored. You'llprobably want to drain it at least untill it relaxes. Then there are a few different ways to repair it. One, possibly as stated. With the nylon S C R e w s. Also fabricating a new brace all together, or a piece of acrylic heated, bent to fit snugly on both sides, then epoxied into place. Pics would help.

eaglephot

Originally Posted by NOTSONOOB
http:///forum/post/2613515
You may be able to get some nylon screws and fabricate a piece of plastic to make yourself a new center support. Basically

[hr]
a piece of plastic into your back support, then have a couple in the center support.
I don't know exactly what you have there, but that is also how your fix a broken center support.
That sounds good and makes sense. I'll try that. Thank you! I'll let you know how it turns out. :)