HOB CPR refugium

I just set up my new CPR HOB refugium, placed about 3" of miracle mud, 1-1/2 Lbs. live rock rubble, and two handfuls of chaeto and calerpa. I still haven't set up lighting for it but will tomorrow. Any suggestions as to a lighting regiment for the fugi? I am purchasing a clip on light from walmart 8w florescent bulb. Please feel free to offer any advise on this set up.
P.S. when will my nitrates begin to show the benefits of the fugi?

I found this light at wal----, but I just noticed something, the bulb is 4700k. Will this work for the calerpa and chaeto to thrive?

keith burn

Originally Posted by frog/lionman
http:///forum/post/2827764
I found this light at wal----, but I just noticed something, the bulb is 4700k. Will this work for the calerpa and chaeto to thrive?
so so
The question is will is work in a saltwater environment?
look a lfs to see if thay have a 12 0r 13 in 50/50 salterwater lihgt.
Or try this kind With one of those clip on ones.

mr_x

that light will work fine. the best spectrum for growing plants IME, is 6500k. it doesn't matter if it's saltwater, or a rhododendron in your living room. i have tried a 3000k lamp and a 6500k lamp with the same nutrient rich water, and in both cases, macroalgae grew. it seemed to grow slightly faster with the 6500k lamp.

jeanheckle

We keep Caulerpa in our refugium and keep it lit 24/7 so it does not go s e xual and make any problems in the dt.