HOB octopus skimmer

wildncrazyone

I just got my skimmer and the directions are terrible. How do I blead off the air? I added water to the skimmer and it just pumped the water into the tank without filling the resevoir. Help me please!

nycbob

which model did u get? do u see any air bubbles inside the skimmer? u will need to adjust the collection cup level up or down.

pezenfuego

I don't fully understand what the problem is. Can you explain it in more detail and maybe post some pics?

pezenfuego

You should raise the cup up some. I like to put it so that the bubbles reach half way up the tube...at least until it breaks in. What is wrong? It looks fine to me.

wildncrazyone

I.m not sure how to hookup the 2 lines coming from the pump. Do I hook them both up to the silencer? Then there is one line coming from the inflow tube(blue) hose. When I hook up the 2 lines from the pump to the silencer I loose my vaccume. Anyone have a pic of there HOB skimmer?
Mine is the Bh 100F

lil.guppy

Hmmm that one is way different then my 100ss
When you first start it lower the cup completely dont raise it!!!!
That will get it going then you can raise it gradually. I didnt have to raise mine for a month. It also did not skim for about 4 days and then finally kicked in.

nycbob

i think the air tube goes on the pump, with the other end to the silencer. u should hv water filled up in the right chamber. btw, the site is coralvue.com

wildncrazyone

Thanks for all the help but I still
don't think its working properly. coralvue.com had the same info I ave. Its not very helpful. I'm ready tosend it back. I guess I will need to call tomorrow and see whats wrong. Thanks again everyone