HOB Refugium pump question

lacyqueen

I am having problems hooking up a pump to my new refugium. I am trying to connect a Rio 600 powerhead inside the tank to the siphon hose that goes into the refugium. It has the suction cups on the back and I am not able to attach it to the tank and siphon hose without bending it so much that it is kinked and looks like nothing would be able to get through the siphon hose. Is there a special way to hook up the pump or do I need a certain kind of pump for this?

Thanks for your help!

zsqure

I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you. Just a question. where did you get your sump at? What size? L x W x D? I'm looking for a hob fuge and only have 3 1/2 inches between the wall and my tank.

lacyqueen

Originally Posted by zsqure
I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you. Just a question. where did you get your sump at? What size? L x W x D? I'm looking for a hob fuge and only have 3 1/2 inches between the wall and my tank.
I have figured it out. Had to hook up the pump on the side of the tank with the HOB refugium on the back of the tank.
Here are the dimensions:
18"L x 4"W x 12"H
They also sell them in other lengths such as 12, 24 and 30" but they are all 4 inches deep.

lacyqueen

Originally Posted by Darthgoby
I'm sorry I don't have an answer either. Is that the HOB refugium they sell on ----?

Yes, I bought it on the auction site. Didn't realize it was a kit and required complete assembly but I am happy with it. Just wanted to mention this in case anyone else was thinking of buying one.
Didn't have enough room under my tank for a sump / refugium which I really wanted.