hobby?

aarone

oh and its definately an addiction but a healthy one, i'd rather spend my money and time on fish than some of the less healthy addictions out there.
amen but you still find a way :(

fshhub

Originally posted by dreeves
I spend all this time, money and effort so as my 2.5 year old (and myself) can learn and enjoy marine biology...it makes it all worth it when she says "fishy legs daddy, see the fishy legs?"...referring to the serpent star...the pure excitement is whats it is about...

yeah, addiction(hers too, all the time and money just for the excitement or thrill)

killafins

Originally posted by lesa
They need a addiction site for people like us so we can go and get help and counsling for the spouse's:D

WAIT WAIT WAIT, isn't that the site we're on now??? Oh MAN my psychiatrist LIED to me again! That's it... i give up... back to the lfs!

killafins

oh yeah... addiction....
Let's see the addiction to here relating to drugs...
1) I go to my dealer 1-3 times a week
2) I inspect each specimen to make sure it's in good shape
3) I split my money into three categories, savings, spending and fish.
4) Sneak out of home, buy the merchandise and get back before anyone sees me...
And oh, the list goes on...

escape2thewater

Originally posted by lesa
They need a addiction site for people like us so we can go and get help and counsling for the spouse's
Yes! thats what im talking about!
And I can check off everyone on this list too!
oh yeah... addiction....
Let's see the addiction to here relating to drugs...
1) I go to my dealer 1-3 times a week
2) I inspect each specimen to make sure it's in good shape
3) I split my money into three categories, savings, spending and fish.
4) Sneak out of home, buy the merchandise and get back before anyone sees me...
And oh, the list goes on...
Thanks lesa & killafins!
Kyle
:p :p :p

flamehawk

This board is pretty addictive but the actual act of keeping s/w aquariums is a positive hobby for me. A pretty pasionate one I admit but a hobby nonetheless. Addiction has too negative of a connotation for me.

S

sinner's girl

it concerns me that our WHOLE weekend is spent shopping @ fish stores around town. We're 21, shouldn't we be clubbin' or something?? Instead, we sit home and watch our fish...
You mean spending Saturday going to lfs doesn't count as a date? We used to go weekly, every Friday or Saturday. Off to the lfs, I knew every fish there, could tell when one was sold and when they got new fish in. They had a seahorse tank that I'd go to first, one day one of the seahorses was gone. I asked if it was sold, the guy (who knows us by name) looked at me with a guilty look and admitted he killed it on accident. If we didn't buy anything then off to Books a Million for a coffee.
When my husband and I first started dating all we did was watch fish...first the fw then sw...then we set up an invert only tank...way too many hours gone on that.....
I'd spend more money on the tank if I had more money...but we need to pay for school (so we can make more money to spend on the tank)
oh well, it's safer than drugs...but I bet it cost more. they have drug rehab, but not fish rehab.

tarashane

LOL Sinner's Girl!
I feel better knowing that I'm not in this alone. HaHa... This really is AA for fishaholics!:eek: My name is Tara, &.................. I'm an addict. There.. I said it.. ARE YOU HAPPY NOW???? LOL
It really is good though, I guess we could be getting into a lot of trouble doing something else with our time..
I'll see u guys @ the next meeting!

killafins

Originally posted by nolofinwe
i also think this forum tends to feed the addiction. :D

Hmmm... so maybe my therapist told me to stay AWAY from this website? *sigh*

lochi

Obsession. I think my fiance thinks I'm some sort of space cadet. I can't seem to walk by my tank without watching it for a couple minutes. Some time i'll pull out the guitar and just strum and stare at the tank for an hour. SW is a somewhat noble addiction. Who can fault anything that makes you realise that no matter how much you learn you need to know more.

lochi

What town does she live in. I've only lived here for about a year but there are a few shops I've found within 1 hr of Bangor.

lochi

Wtaerville is nowhere near the boondocks my friend. There is one shop off route 201 in Fairfield. I haven't been there yet. I tried to check it out once but they keep really odd summer hours. If you get in there let me know Its called Aquacorals. I can email you there website if you want.

lochi

You got that right. I grew up in CT and Lived just outside Boston for 2 years before I moved up here. Talk about culture shock.