hole size for bulkheads

sharkbait9

Ok I need some glass cutters to help me out. I have been practicing with some glass Diamond Core hole Drill Bit and pretty much have master the hole drilling technique. I have to know what size hole bits I need to order to make holes for a 1 inch bulkhead and 3/4 inch bulkhead and a half inch bulkhead.
I think, if I measured right I will need a 1.5 inch hole for a ¾ bulkhead.
Any one else? Size needed.
I like the using the diamond core hole bits better then using a drill bit. A lot easier and makes a nice hole.
I am able to go thru single pane glass (picture frame glass) all the way thru a ½ piece of glass.
The bits take to long and fade so quick no matter how wet and cool I kept them.
The core bits are a little more money but so much more worth the peace of mind and so less time consuming.
Thanks

dogstar

Best to have the bulkheads first so you can see what size they need..
Some brands and rateings use different hole for the same size BH
Standard should be
1 '' needs 1 3/4 hole
3/4'' needs 1 1/2
1/2'' needs 1 1/8

sharkbait9

Thanks dog.
Yeah the bulkheads are standard that’s how I got the 1.5 measurement for the 3/4 bulkhead. I just wanted to make sure the size I measured and got was the same as some others or did I need to add or take away from that measurement.
I guess you could say “ I was looking for a confirmation to my measurements.

dvincent

standard bulkheads should be the same size for 1" and 3/4", which is 1 3/4" hole saw, unsure of the size for a 1/2 bulkhead, I thought there was a plumbing 101 section in the archives but i can't find it.

chipmaker

Get the bulkhead fittings first.....What is typical and standard for one cmpany may be a bit different for another brand. Been there done that before. Being a machinist, its never good to assume anyhting when it comes to what size such items may actually be, unless its a SAE or DIN or JIC type item......which bulkheads are not.

sharkbait9

Like I said I did measure them but I want to make sure my measurements were right, dog hit them right on the head.
I drilled the holes and the bulks fit like gloves. Drilling is so much easier with diamond core holes drill bits instead of tracing around the thru way of the bulkhead and using a roto zip bit. You get a nice clean ROUND hole, no ruff edges not wobbles around the hole, just a nice clean almost polished hole.
I recommend those bits any day cheap too on the bay.