Holy $$$$ Coral!!!!

fishieness

ooooh yeah!! people have bought it too. Its a nice coral, but i dont know if i would want to spend that much on it!!
ill tell you what though, there is no way i would spend that much on some coral and then not frag it!

sw65galma

Originally Posted by fishieness
ooooh yeah!! people have bought it too. Its a nice coral, but i dont know if i would want to spend that much on it!!
ill tell you what though, there is no way i would spend that much on some coral and then not frag it!

Not a bad idea, at $75/Polyp and it has 70, thats like $4,000!!

ophiura

I saw some at an LFS the other day and they had some small very pricey one's. SWF has a few in the few hundred dollar range and that seems like a bargain! :D LOL. I think they had a polyp, and I mean not much bigger than the size of a zoanthid polyp for like $50 or something!!

msd2

Its nice n all but I really dont get it why its so much more than say a frogspawn. IMHO I wouldnt even give it a second look if the tag wasnt so obsurdly high.

Originally Posted by Dogstar
If there so hardy and easy to frag then why are they so $$$....?
Because idiot newbies see "RARE!" on the ID tag and go nuts . . . .
It really bugs me to see how bad vendors take advantage of the market . . . . I mean, yeah these corals look nice, but I don't care how nice they look . . . unless that thing pops out cash, drugs, or alcohol it is not worth more than any other coral. Especially considering that they propogate easily.

ags

The micromussas I have seen have amazing coloration. Different from anything I have ever seen. Bright, intense oranges, reds, pinks, purples, etc. Still does not justify the lofty price tag but striking nonetheless.

shoreliner11

I don't think I'm ever going to hop on this band-wagon. Its a little too expensive for my tastes. Many are beautiful but not $2000 beautiful.
aaron

viper_930

It's all a trend. Acan lords used to sell for $75-100 per polyp, but not anymore. Usually around $20-40 per polyp now. I just got two peices with about 5 polyps on each for $24/polyp, pics below. Acan lords are going out, and micromussa amaks are rolling in at $100+ per polyp. Just to put it in perspective, a micromussa polyp is about the size of a pea, and acan lord polyps are no bigger than a dime.

shoreliner11

whats kind of funny is that it seems like the trends are quicker to appear in CA from what I hear. So when they are going out in cali they seem to still be present in washington. I guess it kinda works like fashion fads.
Aaron

flatzboy

I can not see spending $50 a polyp for a color that has rather dull colors and is tiny... I think shrooms are nicer they any acan lord. If they were cheap like $30 for a small colony no one would buy them because of there dull colors. The only reason why people buy them really is to brag about there "rare" coral.... I think its kinda funny how much people pay for some corals like the purple monster anf many other
... This is just all IMO of course :thinking: .

mudplayerx

I think it is rather insane if ya ask me. I thought it was funny when I just started the hobby and saw that condy anemones were only $8 and prettier than most of the stuff at the store that cost over $50 :p