HOLy Cow, is this normal?

well, i got a green BTA and when i first got this i was stunned cause this was like neon green, its even greener than my frogspawn. i was really surprised. so after a few days it gets settled in nicely into a crevice..... well today it e xpanded like three times its orignal size!! i was kinda shocked its huge now. is this normal? i have 2X150 halides and t-5s over 60 gallons. thanks in advance..

J

jrthomas40

normal...i have 1 that i bought bleached from a LFS i am trying to nurse back to health but it split days after i put it in the tank and it was probably 7 inches across at first

j.p

same thing happend to me i bought a LTA as a medium put it in my tank and now it is like 2wice the size lol but i am happy cause i got a large 1/2 off lol

perfectdark

Originally Posted by fishymaster776
well, i got a green BTA and when i first got this i was stunned cause this was like neon green, its even greener than my frogspawn. i was really surprised. so after a few days it gets settled in nicely into a crevice..... well today it e xpanded like three times its orignal size!! i was kinda shocked its huge now. is this normal? i have 2X150 halides and t-5s over 60 gallons. thanks in advance..

Your BTA is most likley bleached and what your seeing is the color being flouresced by your actinic lighting. You have good lighting and with good water quality and supplemental feedings it should make a quick recovery. And yes it is normal to see it inflated like that. A lot of times judging the size of an anemone in a LFS tank is underestimated because the anem isnt quite "happy" but in the ideal environment it can eaisily triple in size. IMO

first of all no the awesome neon color is not from my actinic i can also see it under 10k halides which is what my halides are, turned on alone. second it just split yay! any ideas on how to take care of it ? should i just spot feed it once a week

J

jrthomas40

i think he might have been thinking about mine because mine is bleached and is suppose to look like yours....btw do you have any pics of it??

perfectdark

Originally Posted by fishymaster776
first of all no the awesome neon color is not from my actinic i can also see it under 10k halides which is what my halides are, turned on alone. second it just split yay! any ideas on how to take care of it ? should i just spot feed it once a week

FYI there are no "NEON" anemones. A pic would be benificial here but as an FYI even 10K Halides will have a slight blue to them not as much as 12, 14, and 20 but they still will floures, the common green in bleached corals and anemones. But again a pic would be best as there are a lot of instances where companies dye anemones to make them look more attractive.