HOLY COW...What is this ?!?!?!?!?!?!

bdhough

actually its just skills but you know how it is......
hehehe....
BTW while i have your attentions Sammy could you ID a hermit...
I've attempted to take pictures but can't get them to focus very well.
Basically it looks like a blue leg but his claws are brownish, blackish with the white spots.
Legs are redish brownish with vertical white strips goint the whole length. His body is more or less redish brownish.
I have two tuxedo hermist, two bluelegs, and 4 of the guys above....

laneki

as others have said, it's hard to tell but i think it looks like a queen conch in one of the pics.?

ophiura

Definitely a bivalve. I have a few too and the will move around quite a bit. If you go into an LFS that carries Flame scallops, you will see the same sort of behavior. You can't "place" them somewhere, they just go where they want, and attach/reattach with little threads called byssal threads. You may be able to see some of these if you look closely at the glass? I haven't looked that closely. These little critters seem to be relatively common htich hikers. Some sort of mussel or something.

broomer5

LOL moga !!
Yes that's what it is ..... a loose, independent NOSE that hitched in on some live rock and now travels around in Mike's tank. It adhears to the glass with secreted mucus ?
crack me up :p moga !
I can't tell from the pic - but I don't think it's an olfactory organ nor do I believe it's a space ship that's propelled by dilythium crystals.