Holy Crap what did I do?!

lil' tanker

Whatever my dad is paying for it and he won't do 300 so your the one that made it personal you changed it to 300 when you knew he wouldn't do that so sorry but you even agreed to go down which makes it even more dissapointing.

mike22cha

Ok I'm talking to lil tanker and he's backing out of swf. I was hoping to get a friend into sw, but the rest of my friends don't have money and when they do they waste it on stupid stuff. I'm kinda sad.

mike22cha

Ok Lil Tanker, 250$ take it or leave it. The only reseason I'm lowering or even offering it is because I'd hate to lose a friend over such a stupid thing.
No snails or food included in the package.

lil' tanker

I'm leaving it but will still be your friend I don't want to spend money on something and then back out of it due to no interest. I'm sorry and will still be your friend.

nietzsche

dude, this guy thought 250 was too expensive when i was selling him my tank. it had everything including metal halide light and a new bulb. some people dont know that things just add up in this hobby, they expect everything to be cheap. you gotta start somewhere i guess.
i ended up going from 250 to 200, so didnt lose that much

lil' tanker

see you got a friend into SW good job! not to put down Mike22 sorry it wasn't your fault I got out of it I just thought about costs

nietzsche

Originally Posted by lil' tanker
see you got a friend into SW good job! not to put down Mike22 sorry it wasn't your fault I got out of it I just thought about costs
im trying to get him into buying a refractometer and starting a refugium. he already has an ro/di unit that he uses on his freshwater system. hoping hell upgrade later so we can swap frags

mike22cha

That's cool. It seems my dream of getting one of my friends from school into sw has come to an end. Jared, there is a sale on a certain site, and you can get a nice biocube with pc's for like 130$ it's a 12g. It's small enough to fit nicely on a sturdy shelf, and won't be that expensive to fill since the pump and lights and everything is included. I'm not going to force you into anything, just saying, it doesn't have to be expensive, just people who enjoy this hobby will spend a lot of money on lighting and different filtration types, which is helpful, but not necessary.

clay12340

An online forum is probably the wrong place to hash out the drama of a business transaction.
If I was his dad I wouldn't spend $350 on it either. If the kid doesn't have his own source of income it seems dumb to buy him into a hobby with a constant upkeep. There is also the question of whether or not he will continue to be interested in it.
Aside from that you can set up a 20g tank new for $350, so unless you've got some exceptionally spectacular or hard to find livestock it might not be that great of a deal. Without absolutely top of the line equipment or extremely impressive livestock, I wouldn't even consider spending $350 on a 20g used set up. So he may not be trying to rip you off. It may just be that you overspent initially and your asking price is too steep.

eyebedam

colourmop said:
I'd not save money on tank... it is the single most important thing other than light :p
I always kinda loked at the skimmer as one of the most important pieces of equipment myself.