Home Security Systems

maeistero

gotta agree on dog(s). my chow won't let anyone in unless i'm right there, even my mother. once i open the door she's friendly as family.

dory36

We have one but we never use it! Mainly because we have three LOUD dogs and we always forgot things. It's a pain resetting it 2-3 times before we all actually get in the car and go. However, the one thing that's nice is that every door and window is connected to the alarm. Whenever I hear a ding, I know someone is opening something. That's the only thing we use it for.

bergamer

ADT, a load howling beagle whose back hair stands up anytime something strange is up, 12 gauge, and a 45.

knots

The place where I used to work used ADT. We were unhappy with them and switched to a local company. The service and response were so much better with the local company. So I would try a local company for sure. Sounds like dogs would have been better though.

S

simm

I would definatly go ADT. O yea and 2 dogs as well. I have 2 heelers and a great dane and the dane isnt just the friendly type either. The size and bark helps to. Everytime some one comes to the door all 3 go ape sh^&. Enough to scare you away.

slinger

If you ever want some info or some answers to questions I worked in the security system business for 6 years. I would be happy to give you some honest insight for any ? you may have. Feel free to shoot me an e-mail...jjjpaintball@hotmail.com

knots

It seems like everyone likes ADT. Is it because they are cheap or are they good? When I had to deal with them I didn't really like them. Response time was very slow and sometimes not at all. There was times I would set off the alarm and see how long it would take for them to call. Sometimes they would never even call me. The local company we used after ADT would always call within a minute or so. Maybe they have gotten better.