horrible fish keeper

R

regina13

That is actually a common way of keeping tanks in Japan.

srfisher17

Originally Posted by regina13
http:///forum/post/2942380
That is actually a common way of keeping tanks in Japan.
Yeah; I think it started as a way of eliminating aggression; lots of tanks like this is Asia. Think what you want; but if fish could think or had "feelings" (they can't and they don't..IMO), I'd imagine they would think "Wow free food, and I don't have to worry about all those big fish that want to eat me as soon as I leave my little nook to try and grab a morsel of food."

locoyo386

Here is my opinion,
As far as "some people" are concerned, this should not be done. Here is my thoughts. Most of this "people" claim that the fish could not possibly be "happy" living under these conditions. I ask them and my self, why not? Fisrt, I can't speek for the fish. Second, I have NO WAY to ask them. But they do seem happy sometimes. I judge this by how active, healthy they are aswell as how they eat. I know for a fact that my Niger Trigger acts and eats different in the two tanks he has been in (10 QT, and 55 DT).
However, If I put myself in their shoes (ironic, they do nt wear shoes nor will they ever
) I can't help to feel trapped in this tank. Even if I had a huge mansion with everything I could possibly have (and I could not leave as I please), I would still feel trapped. Sure I would not be as sad as I would be in a cuban prisson. So I ask my self; If I am going to trap these fish and keep them in a tank, how can I possibly know how they feel in the tank that I do provide for them. I can't, that is untill I do and observe their behavior. If they are more intellegent and responsive, than single cell organisms. I should be able to assess "some what accurately" as to how they feel based on their bahavior. If they are not active or eating well, they must not feel well. If they are very active and eating, they must feel well enough.
Well just my thought.
As to the video. I do not know if this is a permanet housing for the fish or if they are there temporarely. Either way that it might be, they seem happy enough.

snakeblitz33

Oh, btw... this thread was started by someone who wants to hatch and keep a bamboo shark in a 20g for three months while you upgrade to a larger aquarium?
hypocrit.

stanlalee

Originally Posted by srfisher17
http:///forum/post/2942415
Yeah; I think it started as a way of eliminating aggression; lots of tanks like this is Asia. Think what you want; but if fish could think or had "feelings" (they can't and they don't..IMO), I'd imagine they would think "Wow free food, and I don't have to worry about all those big fish that want to eat me as soon as I leave my little nook to try and grab a morsel of food."

and right after that thought they probably think "sure would like a little space to go with this food and lack of predation"
not directed at you srfisher17 my response to the video is a 4yr old could see its crowded there whatever the rational for it.

ccampbell57

Obviously that tank is overcrowded. Those are also very small fish for what they are.
The emperor is no more than 4" as the pair of clowns being introduced were almost as big as the angels.
The singapore angel looked to have worms as its belly was totally collapsed.
I feel really sorry for the fish, but more so for the owner of that tank as they have obviously no clue how to care for a fish properly. My single emperor would not fit in that tank let alone with one of my other fish.
I have many of those fish in my 180 and feel that it is REALLY small...hence the 560g in the basement.
This guy is just waiting for disaster.

salt life

Originally Posted by SnakeBlitz33
http:///forum/post/2942715
Oh, btw... this thread was started by someone who wants to hatch and keep a bamboo shark in a 20g for three months while you upgrade to a larger aquarium?
hypocrit.
+1000000000000