host

grimm reef

They will take to carpet anenome' don't try to use corals as a host as they could be loved to death i.e damaged by Clowns trying to use them as their host, but I have had percs use my Xenia as a host.
I'd say go with the carpet species and some bubble tips and make sure you have the correct lighting:joy:

grimm reef

I wouldn't recommend you trying corals cause you run the chance the clown my not bond and of course like I mentioned it would do more harm to the coral than good......but if you must then try Hammer Coral, Anchor, and Xenia
Of course there are other members who may have more insight than I ....but I say stick with the anenome' they do live a long time given proper water quality,lighting and nutrients

tsl

Maybe I am just lucky, but I have had the same carpet anemone for over 6 years now. It has proven to be the hardiest and most long-lived creature in my tank.

cprdnick

Frogspawn, ricordea, hairy mushrooms, hammers, zenia, polyps, heaters, intake tubes, tank corners, sand beds, bare rocks, cleaner shrimp, feather dusters, power heads. Love at first sight sometimes. I have a single Ocellaris and he hasn't mated to anything since I've had him.

R

royalshrimp

my clown hosts in my big torch coral... and the coral never closes, pretty cool:happy: