How About SailFin Tang, Blonde Naso, Dwarf Angel?

alvin

Hello Again SWF,
Ok, I went back to my LFS, and the fish I saw, was indeed a Gray Angel. So because of a some feedback, I decided not to get it anymore.
I took my wife, and NOW it looks like she wants a Reef Tank, because she saw the Clowns with the Anemone's and stuff. So I might convert to that now. But I still want some fish haha.
So I saw a Blonde Naso and Sailfin Tang. Can those 2 live in peace together? If not, which should i get?
Also, which of the Dwarf Angels would be a good fit, or is it just based on preference.
Again, i'm so sorry about bugging you all. But I'm now serious about adding fish and possibly reef now, or just an anemone haha
Here is my setup again:
110 Gal Tank
1 - AquaC Remora Pro Skimmer
2 - Fluval 405 Canister Filters
2 - MJ 1200 PowerHeads
100lbs Live Rock (Looking to get more)
1 - FoxFace Lo
3 - Green Chromis
2 - False Perc Clowns
1 - Pink/Blue Shrimp Goby
1 - Bangai Cardinal
1 - Sally Foot Crab
1 - Cleaner Shrimp
5 - Hermits
1 - Turbo Snail
Thank You Again!

dobber1111

I've been told not to keep more than one angel per tank. But when you're talking larger tanks, I don't think it matters. I have a 90g reef and I keep 2 angels, a coral beauty and an eibli. They have been together for years and are fine. When they were in a 75, I think they chased each other now and then. Well, the coral beauty chased the eibli. He's just a bit bigger and bossier. I don't know what dwarf angels you are interested in and that is all I know anyway, for what it is worth.

saka bra

-introduce the two tangs at the same time. The 110gallon will be good for about a year or so, because the naso will definately out grow it like the large angels. IM not sure if the sailfin would out grow the 110gallon. Both should be peaceful to eachother if introduced at the same time, or if one is significantly smaller than the other then i would introduce the smaller one a couple days erlier than the larger one.
-if i had to choose between one of them, i would choose the naso over the sailfin. no particular reason other than i just like nasos better.

U

usirchchris

Sailfins are one of the largest potentially reaching 16". Be cool to see a dinner plate swim, but in a much larger tank IMO.

alvin

Yah, I'm not too fond of the Sailfin either, my wife is. Hmmm, I also saw a Powder Brown Tang, but the guy said they need a larger aquarium. Geez, I thought 110 gal was already big haha.

wangotango

Look into the bristletooth tangs like the Kole and Tomini. They stay much smaller and are still nice looking.
-Justin

sean48183

Is this tank 6' long and 18" wide? By both the sailfin and naso small to medium size and you will be ok for a long time. I bought my sailfin around 3" 4 years ago and he is only 7" now. My Naso I bought around 4" a year ago and he is only 7". I feed heavy and they still grow slow. They also could care less about each other in my tank. Both are very easy going fish. I also have 2 dwarf angels.

dobber1111

Originally Posted by makoshrk2
http:///forum/post/2905245
He's talking about Tangs. Add at the same time, this will reduce squabbling
Yes, the majority of the post was asking about Tangs. But he also asked out Dwarf Angels, too, right?
I was just offering my experience with the dwarfs. I don't have much to offer when it comes to Tangs. I just have one YT.